• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Head count for chinamens

Led

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Post it whos goin what days??/
Me going up friday chinamens on sat and carnage on sun

still waiting for weather reports (what's the word now-- is there snow down there?)

anyway, i'm guessing i'll be there, arriving saturday by 10 to run OCG, then maybe staying overnight, but if so i'll be leaving first thing sunday morning.

terry

I'll show up by 10 on Saturday for CG and a friend with a TJ is coming along. Planning on going back to the Springs that night.

Driving up Saturday for the run at 10 am. Driving home Sat. night. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hmmm, well I'de LOVE to go, but don't know if I should. Im going to be putting the C4x4 towhooks and mounts as well as the C-rok steering brace kit on this afternoon so I'de be set with those. The only thing im worried about is I don't have all the spares having been real restricted on time with work and school to go knab some. Right now for spares I've got two useable driveshafts, steering extras, and those are the only two big things I have. Im the bigger kid with the white XJ, newer with the 9" in the rear when we were at MedVed, the one Joey was flexing on. What do yall think, would you go anyways or wait till I have all the neccesary spares? Ide be leaving sat. morning and leaving that night as well, unless for some unknown reason I needed to leave sun. morning...

Last edited:
Sorry guys - not going to make it.

Photo shoot on Saturday - hot young girl involved.

Memorial Drive on Sunday for a racing buddy who was killed earlier this week.

Have fun, wish I could be there Sunday.

Grant

Sandman XJ said:
Terry According to the current reports it is going to be 60 degrees on Saturday and then 59 on Sunday
thanks for the link...
i really wish weather forecasting was an exact science, as i tend to want to believe them...
(even though they seem to be wrong more often than not).

anyway, fwiw, this is the current forecast for saturday as of now (thurs 2pm):
Saturday:
Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming cloudy with a mix of light rain and snow later in the day. Cooler.
High 44F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 40%.
Saturday night:
Cloudy with snow showers and flurries becoming a steady accumulating snow later. Low 28F. Winds NNW
at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Some snow accumulation possible.

28 degrees and 80% chance of snow saturday night = no camping for my daughter.

just gotta decide now if it is worth making a day trip. since i haven't run this trail, time to check 4x4trails.net...

terry

P.S.
grant: sorry to hear about your racing colleague.

MMIXJ said:
thanks for the link...
i really wish weather forecasting was an exact science, as i tend to want to believe them...
(even though they seem to be wrong more often than not).

anyway, fwiw, this is the current forecast for saturday as of now (thurs 2pm):

28 degrees and 80% chance of snow saturday night = no camping for my daughter.

just gotta decide now if it is worth making a day trip. since i haven't run this trail, time to check 4x4trails.net...

terry

P.S.
grant: sorry to hear about your racing colleague.

I just checked the forcast for Buena Vista and it looks like highs in the 60s,lows mid 20s to low 30s,10% chance of precipitation Sat. & Sun.

So anyone got directions to this place? I'd like to come out and at least chat.. I have something to do in Co Springs and it was my understanding this is near Co Springs..

anybody bringing kidlings along on this run?
justin?

My 5 year old is coming allong and my friend has a 7 and 10 year old coming allong.

Citat3962 said:
So anyone got directions to this place? I'd like to come out and at least chat.. I have something to do in Co Springs and it was my understanding this is near Co Springs..

From 4x4trails.net -
Take Hwy 24 west towards Buena Vista. After around 90 miles, you will come down a mild pass and enter Johnson Village (good place to get gas and beer!). Just before crossing the Arkansas river, there is a dirt road on your left (I don't remembar the CO number). Turn there and head about 1/2-1 mile down until you get the dirt road on the left with a green gate. Go through the gate and continue a few hundred yards to the other gate. Go through that one also and then just go straight ahead. You will see the large sign marking the trail head. (If you turn left after the second gate, that will bring you to Chinamans gultch).

Back