• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chinamens gulch

devilinside13

NAXJA Forum User
are you guys going to have a caravan from the spring to chinamens gulch? if so then please let me know. also i would like to meet with some of you fllow xjer's that live here in the springs since i am new to this area and just got my new (89 xj) put together and would like to meet up with you guys so we can do some wheelin togther. i am a chrysler certified mechanic, and i am willing to help people out and definitly fellow jeep people
please let me know

We're doin a group run the 16th or the 17th....

jrsxj98 said:
Edit 16th and 17th. 16th for CG and 17th for Carnage.

Oh nice, I wish I could run Carnage...one day...one day. :D

just watch the board we will put details up here.If the weather is nice I will be out at the shop tomorow working on the buggy.Your more than welcome to come hang out.I'm sure others will be there too.

Led said:
just watch the board we will put details up here.If the weather is nice I will be out at the shop tomorow working on the buggy.Your more than welcome to come hang out.I'm sure others will be there too.

I wish I was closer. :D

Sweet!

I can't wait for this one!

Just gotta get some parts on my heep to keep me from breaking anything and find some tow hooks for the front.. and I'll be ready.

Citat3962 said:
Sweet!

I can't wait for this one!

Just gotta get some parts on my heep to keep me from breaking anything and find some tow hooks for the front.. and I'll be ready.

Hell yes dude! Les go use them skid plates! :D :cheers:

hEEEELLLL Yes!!!

30" tires
Stock ride height!

This is gonna be fun!.. I bet even the easy paths will be challenging!

Fortunately my heep is already all dinged and scratched up.... so a little bump and grind trail damage will be welcome..

Citat3962 said:
Fortunately my heep is already all dinged and scratched up...

:D Indeed it is. :D :cheers:

Anyone figured out where they are staying the night? Is it neccessary and how early do reservations need to be made?
Thanks

We're probably staying at Ruby Mountain Campground.It's a Forest Service campground about 2-3 miles from the trailhead.Dont know about reservations although this time of year I highly doubt it will be full.

Woo.. been a while since I've been camping!

I should make sure I got all the gear I need to have a fun time.. hibachi grille, Sleeping bags, beer, Food....

Will probably be bringing the little lady so.. her interest in sleeping in the sticks vs. a hotel room will determine my final resting place.

I'm pulling for a cozy night in the back of an XJ...

:)

I'm hoping to get my NAXJA membership stuff before this run... should be any day now...

So is the plan to hit base camp.. drop the campin goodies and then hit the trail head?

Sorry 4X4 Virgin here... take it easy on me :p

Citat3962 said:
I'm pulling for a cozy night in the back of an XJ...

...that's gotta be better than my first night in moab last week... i was so d*mn tired when i
arrived at the campground at 2am that i just slept under the jeep cuz it was too late
and too windy to even think about setting up a tent! :wierd:

anyways, isn't BV only about 2 hours from denver? i probably can't get an overnight pass this
close to EJS, but if the start time is delayed a bit for us commuters (say 10am) then i could
drive out that morning and make it a (long) day trip...

terry

Some of us are going up friday night to camp. The run on Sat will be around 10:00 for those driving.then some will camp again to run or watch us run Carnage on Sun.that start time has yet to be determined.and may have alot to do with the night before.We plan on camping just down the road at the BLM camp ground Ruby MT.

So i'm guessing the run is this coming saturday? (i.e. the 2nd?). Sorry I WAS at the meeting I just forgot when the run was supposed to be happening. Trying to see if I can get my front towhooks by then. Anyone know if Predator's towhooks and mounts are up to par? Thanks.

Back