NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old July 1st, 2019, 12:03
NAXJA Member

Re: Got Some New Yokohama Geolander X-MT's

MichXJdad, yup, it is a real Stroppe Baja Bronco. I got it when I was in college (back when no one cared what a Stroppe was) and it was my daily for about 15 years. LOL Nope, no fox body mustang plans, but I do own a 1998 5.9L Grand Cherokee, with a 3.5" lift, headers, CAI etc. I use it more as my daily, and it gets up and goes when it needs to! A supercharger on the 5.9 would be sweet, but it would never fly with the CARB restrictions we have here in CA. The XJ has been taking all of my time and $$ lately. After doing the inner fender mods and the new rear Deaver leafs, I am just going to save up for a Russ Pottenger 4.7L stroker in the XJ. Right now, even with the 4:88's it struggles to get up the big hills!
Old July 2nd, 2019, 11:19
NAXJA Forum User

Nice you've got another rare one too with the 5.9 GC. That bronco is kick ass man, I had a buddy in high school that had a 68, 302, 3 on the tree. I loved that thing.
Old July 18th, 2019, 11:06
NAXJA Member

I just wanted to follow up and give a review after 1000 mile road trip and wheeling the Rubicon with the Yokohama's. The tires were smooth on road - much quieter and smoother than my previous BFG Krawlers. We cruised up to Tahoe sometimes going 75mph and the tries did great. Much quieter than I expected. When I got off road on the Rubicon, that is where the tires really shined! They gripped and crawled up everything. They seemed to grip and grab in situations where some of my other friends running other tires would slip. The big lugs and voids would just find places to grip and pull me over. They were especially good on the ledges, where I could feel the lugs finding an edge and pushing me over. Bottom line. I would highly recommend the tire!

Old July 18th, 2019, 14:54
NAXJA Member

great pics, thanks for the review!