• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 link mounting

MercenaryXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, b4 you say it I have searched and not really gotten the answers I need/want.
Im getting ready for a long arm build and Im torn between radius arms and 3 link although Im getting the sense from the writeups here and at pirate4x4 that 3links are superior, so my question is where do you need to mount the link to the axle and frame to get the best performance. Rockkrawler must mount theirs to the stock locations(on the axle end)but everyone that builds their own seem to mount them in different spots.
Is this just their preferences. Thanks in advance.

Criticism and cracks at my ignorance are welcome...and encouraged. Keeps me humble.

i was just lookin into that same thing i already have the tera la kit but it sucks so i was wondering if i could use the tera lowers and make a new upper to change it to a 3 link but i havent found many good resorces for research

MercenaryXJ said:
Ok, b4 you say it I have searched and not really gotten the answers I need/want.
Im getting ready for a long arm build and Im torn between radius arms and 3 link although Im getting the sense from the writeups here and at pirate4x4 that 3links are superior, so my question is where do you need to mount the link to the axle and frame to get the best performance. Rockkrawler must mount theirs to the stock locations(on the axle end)but everyone that builds their own seem to mount them in different spots.
Is this just their preferences. Thanks in advance.

Criticism and cracks at my ignorance are welcome...and encouraged. Keeps me humble.

This thread is going to get ugly fast....

With the 3 link why not use the stock bracket locations? I mean there isnt any binding so what would it matter. I assure you that w/ the 3-link your shocks, straps, or trackbar will become your limiting factor.

Back