• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A question about how to get there

4ward

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, I'm obviously coming down 75, but I'm not sure where to get off. The problem is one of our vehicles is a 40' motorhome towing a 18' trailer. It seems to me that one of the roads had a length restriction. Plus, with us coming in at night, I'd rather come in on some better not so windy roads. Anybody got a recommendation or am I way off course on thinking one of these roads is to tight for the rolling palace?

I'm thinking 75S-64E leaves us on major highway the longest, but can't remember how good/bad 64 is. Is it the section of 129 that all the bike's like? Refresh my memory please, it's been a while.

I was going to sugest 129 south to 19 but I have never been on either. Maybe Marc WNC will chime in or someone from Knoxville.

There are some twisty sections on 64E in the Ocoee area, but it's a short stretch and you shouldn't have any problems with it. I think the biggest challenge if you come that route will be the last couple of miles or so on Beaverdam Road between the turnoff to trail 1 and Crawford's. However, that's the only way I've ever gone so I don't know if you can come in from the other direction or not.

Yep, down 75 and 64E would be your best bet. There's still curves, but they don't last near as long as the other routes.

Theres another way thats all interstate to Murphy except the
Nantahala gourge, tractor trailers travel it regularly though.
But its kinda out of the way for ya.
I-40 east to exit 20 in NC, 276 north,(about 5 miles or so)
then left at light,(go about1 mile or so) right at light,
276 north, then right onto 23/74 west (then a long way)
stay straight on 74 west to Murphy.

Check it out on Mapquest if want.
City names are Knoxville TN, to Waynesville NC to
Murphy NC.

North/South, not much difference there. Be careful Shaun, they will have you wheelin in NJ. :dunno:

Sweet, we'll go wheel a landfill :laugh3:

I think we're just going to shoot across 64. I'm thinking that's the way we brought it last time. Next time I come down there will be a 32' gooseneck on the back of my truck, so I'm paying attention this time. It's nice being able to haul a bunch of junk and having nice amenities, but it takes some planning too. Ya definately want to know where you're going before you get there, backing up 60' of vehicle isn't the most fun in a tight spot.

Back