• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

led taillight

thunderkiss779246

NAXJA Forum User
tblastweekend020yv2.jpg
both of my taillights were cracked so i put these together real fast last night. and it was alot cheaper than the commercial ones. got the lights at the parts store and truckstop.

tblastweekend021ba4.jpg

i was too scared to put anything closer but ill go take some and some side views. this was my first thing to build.

all it is is a piece of flat steel from tractor supply since i have no other sources. i used tin snips and cut out the pattern i traced. and wired it up. pilot truck stops got some nicer leds i think.

OK, you're on the right track.

Maybe we can see how to take it the next level.

taillights001sw1.jpg

i dont see why there would be a need for much more of a level other than aesthetics, i heard the boxes just push in anyway and i like keepin mine away from stuff. im still not done wiring and painting the one i took a close up of but im just puttin these out here

taillights002fj4.jpg

Those defintiely won't get hit. ;)

From an aesthetics point, it would be nice if the hatch didn't look like it stuck out.

The ones on my armor are actualy 3/16" with the body curve in them so they take a lot of abuse without bending.

I always thought, for just a light box, that you could do something at a 45* angle and then bevel in the lights so they aim straight out. At least that would cover the hatch.

But you're right, it works really well as is.

i think the leds can be seen from the side, i dunno about reflectors unless i just got a strip and put it somewheres else. u could also move the bottom in more which ill do when i do more cuttin. - i guess its back to the coal mines to finish this.

Back