• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WF Bi##ch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
like Rev said, let us know what you liked, disliked and what your thoughts are to improve the event. Make your requests general and not personal because this is a group effort to make this event happen. We look forward to your thoughts/complaints to make this event better each year and remain the premier event of NAXJA! With every year there are areas that could use improvement, so please let us know what we can do to make this event better.

Thank you,
Tyler

Let kids eat for free or reduced. There are only a few kids that come to dinner and there is always extra food. Why are we charging $15 for an 11 year old to eat? At the least we should tier the rate; 0-8 years old free, 8-15 years old 1/2 price. But again, for the amount of kids that come; 15 and under should be eating free. Seems like I have to bring this up every year.

That's my only Bi##ch.

Thanks guys, everything else was great.
John

Pour concrete across the entire campground! :D

we definitely need to include tables and power strips and extension cords in next years Pot Luck list of needs. We should also look into using the campground Pavillion.

BOB

Ya know, I suppose someone could sit here and custom order how they'd like to see winterfest play out but the truth of the matter is that it came off great as usual.

You guys and gals in the bright green sweats are the ones that pull this off. It's amazing the amount of work that you put into this.

Thanks from a participant

Couldn't do it this year but I like the official 2 day vs 1 day event.

No complaints at all.

Great sermon Rev.

Can't wait for '12 :)

Let kids eat for free or reduced. There are only a few kids that come to dinner and there is always extra food. Why are we charging $15 for an 11 year old to eat? At the least we should tier the rate; 0-8 years old free, 8-15 years old 1/2 price. But again, for the amount of kids that come; 15 and under should be eating free. Seems like I have to bring this up every year.

That's my only Bi##ch.

Thanks guys, everything else was great.
John

Part of the reason I could not attend. It would have cost my fam 75 bucks just for dinner that night. Ouch. The dinner ain't nearly as good as red lobster lol. :anon:

A great time as always. Just a few minor screws to tighten, so don't get all "Josh thinks WF sucks" on me.

Staggered trail rides and smaller groups.

Push the potluck and dinner times one hour to the right so people can wheel later.

A central location in the campground for registration and tech inspection in the evenings to minimize the wait times in the morning down in the lower parking lot.

For me, I'm to the point of my experience where it's about the wheeling. I enjoy the people and I stand around the campfire to talk with everyone, but it's hard to spend $1000 for a trip where the trail rides are 2 hours long. I had the most fun on Friday on MI, with 7 rigs and an all day trail.

I'd like to see a system set up so that the trail groups are out on the trail all day, instead of being dropped in the quarry at 1230 on your own. I know there's not a lot of trails to ride, but staggering group leave times and putting the rigs in smaller groups would allow for more move time and less wait time. Running combinations of trails (from one trail to the next) would give people more wheeling without running out of land.

Use the quarry as a trail, even for a place to take your group while you're in between trails, to allow for the congestion to die down. Some orange cones and some creativity could put a group on some obstacles tied to together and turn it into another hour or two of wheeling.

I love WF. Every year I can come, I'll be there. But for someone who doesn't enjoy passing the bottle around the campfire, it could be hard to justify the $$$ for the amount of wheeling we do.

RedHeep, you saved me a lot of typing! :D I am on board with nearly everything you just posted.

I also would like to see a better effort on clean up after the potluck. Camille and I were out in the rain for a couple hours cleaning up after it and had 9 bags of trash that we had to haul out of there.

I too will continue to keep coming to WF year after year, but for the amount it costs to make the trip as well as what is donated to various items, I am going to have to wheel a lot more to justify it. The beauty of it is that from this year forward I will be a participant rather then a planner....and it will bring the "fun" aspect back to it for me once again.

Cheese "time to unwind" Man

Last edited:
Oh, one more thing:

Can someone please punch the VFW lady in the face?

:roflmao:

I would also like to see smaller groups on the trail but I just don't know the trail system well enough to lead a group. I guess i need to get there more! :D

It was my second WF and both my father and myself loved it.

Using the pavilion at the campground for potluck would be nice and dry.

I like the staggered trails/all day bit. I wandered around the park a bit Friday afternoon trying to find a group/trail to hitch along with, but was unable to locate anyone around my tech level.

The meal was excellent, but for $15 1 can of pop or something should be included...

I will make the 10hr drive again, WF is the once a year event that I don't plan on missing anymore.

Wedding was awesome, if only I could get my fiancé to agree to one like that!

Last edited:
No bitching from Me or Tara. Had a great time. Got my wallet back. Whoever found that and turned it in i owe you big time.

The two day event was a great idea. Let me know how i can help out next year....

X5000 on the rain. But hey we all live in the MUDWEST so what do we expect in March

No bitching from Me or Tara. Had a great time. Got my wallet back. Whoever found that and turned it in i owe you big time.

The two day event was a great idea. Let me know how i can help out next year....

X5000 on the rain. But hey we all live in the MUDWEST so what do we expect in March

Not a problem bud. I found it and saw the drivers picture and I was thinkin Hey thats ramrods wallet.

No bitching from me either. Had a great time and think the two day event was a good idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back