• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "Hope I get done before Winterfest" List.....

XJ&CHZ4ME

NAXJA Forum User
As always, what is everyone wanting to get done to their junk before Winterfest?...I am stating it now, I am not waiting until the last minute to start a new project!!! Ok, who am I fooling.....

I am thinking about just leaving it alone and putting fuel in it, but that all depends on carnage between now and then.

post up suckas....

Well, this list started right after WF Oh-Ten ended, some things have been taken off the list since I got them done. Most of the original list is still there with a bit more added. OBA, Aussie for the 8.25, V8 ZJ steering, Gas Tank Skid, T-case Skid, Reinforce Bumper, Tool Storage, Motor mounts, Rocker/Sliders, Cruise Control Servo, 3" lift, Coil Retainers, Trans Cooler, Brake Line Extensions, 31s mounted and balanced, Disco Sway bar on, Trans Cooler, Battery Terminals, Neutral Safety Switch, Out with the A/C, Relocate Alternator, get a few more camping items...Maybe hood vents

Get a rear bumper. Maybe some form of a cage. Gotta see what Brian and I can come up with. Reniforce my 2x6 rockers, think they are pushing up B-pillar, but now that i think of it cage will fix that..

Well the Jeep at least works at the moment, so I can't ask for too much more than that. But I suppose I'll get bored here in a few months. Realistically I will probably shoot for some integrated rock rails, a cage (at least A&B pillars), and swapping in a Magnum 360 for my failing 318.

If I get any one of the three done, I'll be thrilled.

I am thinking about just leaving it alone and putting fuel in it, but that all depends on carnage between now and then.

Then there's this, I haven't touched the damn thing in over a month, thinking about leaving it alone, saving some money, and tearing it apart after WF...

xjBuggypopcan needs an alternator...maybe a motor...but new motor = full buggy chasis...new chasis not happening before winterfest...

baby jeep will be just back from KOH (as will I and the f450)...so who knows what kind of list I'll have...i'll know about two weeks before winterfest...

mac 'beginning of year will be busy!' gyvr

Axles and mo' Lift! Just need some 3/4" spacers and control arms along with a few odds and ends and that stuff is ready to go on.

Hopefully nothing, We will see what happens next weekend though. If all goes well it will sit until winterfest and I will not have to do a damn thing to it. The last to times I have spent way more money than I should have and Im looking forward to not spending a dime this year...haha

I may leave it alone and just wheel it the way it was last year. But, if I have the money AJ has been trying to get me to come up to Iowa and he wants to build me a tire carrier, interior(possibly hybrid) cage. And come up with a rear 4-link (that may eventually become a weld together production piece for you all). But all of that depends on the money situation this winter.

Hope to get my 33's by then and have them bumpstoped correctly, and got to get a new fire extinguisher, i would also like to have some hood pins installed

my front ARB has been crapping out.
Hope to have it looked at before WF11.

ALso, trying to work on the trailer.
brakes and bearings for starters.

I think I may have finally fixed the wiring on it.
time will tell.

Oh, and for the record......Austin and his dad are welcome in
my group anytime. He and his dad is pretty smart with wiring!!

BOB

install stickies (got to find some first)
rear 4 link
rear steer

Probably non of that will get done.

Forgot to add swap the t-case to my list. Finally got my Spare t-case back from my buddy. SYE is in a box on the kitchen table.

Forgot to add swap the t-case to my list. Finally got my Spare t-case back from my buddy. SYE is in a box on the kitchen table.

Make sure you have the right snap-ring pliers handy when doing that swap. Makes everything a little easier. Oh and PB Blast the crap outta the front output Yoke on that spare case. That nut that holds that thing on is a Biotch!!

Make sure you have the right snap-ring pliers handy when doing that swap. Makes everything a little easier. Oh and PB Blast the crap outta the front output Yoke on that spare case. That nut that holds that thing on is a Biotch!!

I'm gonna buy some snap ring pliers to do it with. I know there are A few styles of them, which one do you suggest Phil? I have a can of PB handy and I will probably run the case over to my cousins and hit it with an impact.

The snap pliers that I used I got from Matco, but just about any manufacturer will work. Get the style that go Inside the ring ends and when you squeeze the handle the pliers ends go apart. You are expanding the ring and sliding it off the main shaft.

Back