• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How many?

how many different xj's wheeled in years attending winterfest

• one

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • two

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • three

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • four or more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • none

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

85xjwoody

NAXJA Forum User
This will be my fourth Winterfest and I will be bringing my third different xj there. Curious to see if anyone has owned-wheeled more than one jeep there. As long as it started as an xj at one point it qualifies.:D Almost forgot about the mj owners. You count too!:D

Last edited:
Well, Only been to one with one XJ but Now that I am in the market for a new XJ and won't be missing WF It'll be tied at 2-2.

Where's the "I don't really care......just as long as I'm there, I'm happy." button?

:D

Where's the "I don't really care......just as long as I'm there, I'm happy." button?

:D

x2 If by some weird coincedence I can't drive my Jeep there I'll still be there!

just one....and with any luck, I plan to keep it that way!

BOB

Still wheeling the same one one since my first WF in '04. And that's also the same one I've been wheeling since '96...

Unless you count wheeling the campground Thursday night last year in my '94 :D

10 years of winterfest...2 different xjs...might bring both this year...remains to be seen...

mac 'one or the other or both' gyvr

so far, everytime i have gone out wheeling, something has broken or started to break. first time i went wheeling when it was all stock my overheating problems started, i replaced the water pump, and all the hoses. second time, both the front ujoints, third time i was at 2" BB with 30's and i sheared the driveshaft in half and my buddy ran into a tree head on lol. this last time i went wheeling my power steering pump went apeshit and spit all the fluid out all over the place. so i wheeled the entire day without power steering, i thought i was going to snap my wrists haha.

so now whenever my tires leave the pavement, i expect to break something.

so far, everytime i have gone out wheeling, something has broken or started to break. first time i went wheeling when it was all stock my overheating problems started, i replaced the water pump, and all the hoses. second time, both the front ujoints, third time i was at 2" BB with 30's and i sheared the driveshaft in half and my buddy ran into a tree head on lol. this last time i went wheeling my power steering pump went apeshit and spit all the fluid out all over the place. so i wheeled the entire day without power steering, i thought i was going to snap my wrists haha.

I volunteer to be faaaar, far away from this guy... :skull1:
:laugh:

tEx

Do you carry an obscene amount of tools?

I do.:D Right along with spare leaf springs. I am not going to travel that far and break to not be able to put myself back together again!:D The welder is always at Winterfest.:thumbup:

I do.:D Right along with spare leaf springs. I am not going to travel that far and break to not be able to put myself back together again!:D The welder is always at Winterfest.:thumbup:

But you have a trailer :p I think he's asking if he carries that much in his Creep... (Like I did last yr....:wow:)

damn straight it is. it was the saving grace for me last year w/ my TB mount problems. And by the way, I am sporting the coat that I caught the arm on fire with while using your welder :flame: :D

I say bring the tools. Seperate what YOU need to fix what could possibly break. I don't bring everything I have on the trails. Tools I need for replacing an axleshaft, driveshaft, hub assembly, tierods, and such. I pack a small craftsman tool bag and that is usually all I need. If it is a time consuming problem, try to get it back to camp and get it done.

Everybody is different in what they pack for the trail. I pack more than most but I have seen some with ALOT more.

at the badlands you are so close to the parking lot from almost anywhere in the park, that i keep the tools on board these days to a minimum. usually you can limp out or have someone run back to get what you need...in moab i bring the kitchen sink and a tent where getting help is a LONG ways away...

mac 'used to carry a NAPA store on board, now, not so much' gyvr

i usually have a 180 or something piece craftsman toolset with me, and a rubbermaid box with the other junk one might need (big hammer, pipe wrench, couple vise grips ect...)

its the spare parts that i usually dont have :doh: but ill be sure to get spare u-joints. right now im not too worried about my rig, i have to fix a few things on it but it should be in good running condition my WF. except for the fact that i have a twiglike rear axle, and it scares me to think it might go :explosion and leave me stranded. so im looking for an 8.8 d44 or 8.25.

Back