• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Chapter Deer Valley 2009 Trip Report

SharkXJ

NAXJA Member #1177
It was great to meet all of the new folks and great to meet some new ones.

I believe we ended up with just over 20 Rigs. Started the trail around 9 and the last of the group got off the trail around 6. Not a bad day at all. The weather was perfect.

I am still un packing the Jeep. I will post the few pix I have later and post up some more details.

Again - AWESOME TRIP folks.....

Thanks for putting on this run Mark and cooking up some killer food. My friends and I had a great time, will post pics when I get them from them. Good times seeing old faces and meeting a lot of new ones.

Only minor carnage for my rig: bent tie rod and broken rear shock.

I'm home and resting. Awesome time and a couple of killer trails. Good people and killer grub. Thanks for putting this together Mark. Thank you goes out to brothrDave for the help on the drive line u-joint replacement. I have pictures as well.

Awesome run guys. Mark, thanks for all the food, and thanks to everyone for the spotting. (Plus Eric Ed and Dave for the rock stacking). I'll get some pics up soon.

Thanks to the cooks for making me some awesome food! Best I have eaten on the trail by far.

Nice to meet some new people, and hang out with people I hadnt seen in awhile.

Only damage we had was a broken Alloy USA Ujoint. Not sure how it happened, especially on 32s unlocked. Oh well.

Heres some.
DeerValleySlickrock09001.jpg

DeerValleySlickrock09002.jpg

DeerValleySlickrock09004.jpg

DeerValleySlickrock09006.jpg

DeerValleySlickrock09008.jpg

DeerValleySlickrock09010.jpg

DeerValleySlickrock09011.jpg

DeerValleySlickrock09012.jpg

DeerValleySlickrock09013.jpg

DeerValleySlickrock09014.jpg

DeerValleySlickrock09015.jpg

DeerValleySlickrock09016.jpg

DeerValleySlickrock09017.jpg

DeerValleySlickrock09018.jpg

While we didn't actually run with you guys (we didn't hit the trail until 11:30) it was real nice seeing all those XJ's. In case anyone is interested I was the red XJ at Deer Creek crossing when you guys were on your way back through. My bud with his green XJ and a white TJ was there with me.

I look forward to actually wheelin with the group on a run in the future. On that note, we are running Strawberry on 11 July with a couple of stock FJ's.

It was an awesome time. thanks for puttting this together Mark. Me and my girlfriend had a lot of fun. Thanks Eric for leading us through slickrock, we had a blast. can't wait for the next run. Nice meeting everyone, great group. I will post up some pics later on.
Vince

yea, thanks mark for setting the up event. my friends and i really enjoyed the hospitality and friendliness from everyone, even though we were late to start and late to return. it was awesome :thumbup:

Got a few minutes here at lunch and thought I would post a few snapshots for you daydreamers.
NAXJADeerValley09048.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09027.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09031.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09041.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09043.jpg

More after lunch.

Looks like a great time! It's a good thing I couldn't make it. I went to Hollister on Saturday and broke down on the way home. Might be the camshaft position sensor.

What are the specs on the White XJ with the white dog in it? Wondering how it did on those trails as it doesn't *look* too built in the pics, but might have lockers or something. Nice dog BTW!

Any pictures of the "GateKeeper" on Deer Valley (first obstacle I believe)? That was the one spot I don't know if my XJ would make it without some assistance.

Looks like a great time! It's a good thing I couldn't make it. I went to Hollister on Saturday and broke down on the way home. Might be the camshaft position sensor.

What are the specs on the White XJ with the white dog in it? Wondering how it did on those trails as it doesn't *look* too built in the pics, but might have lockers or something. Nice dog BTW!

Any pictures of the "GateKeeper" on Deer Valley (first obstacle I believe)? That was the one spot I don't know if my XJ would make it without some assistance.
I dont remember offhand, but I know it was open/open.

There were a couple of rigs that were on ~3'' of lift and open/open, and they all did awesome. All the drivers did very good, and most never needed any spotting.

More from Deer Valley Trail.
NAXJADeerValley09064.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09076.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09083.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09086.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09088.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09097.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09078.jpg

NAXJADeerValley09012.jpg

That's all folks!

I was having to good a time on Deer Valley to take any pics, but I did take some on Slickrock:

017.jpg

This was the last hard obstical. Unfortunately I was changing out a front shaft, so I wasnt able to get any pictures of the people who went before me.
021.jpg

027.jpg

029.jpg

035.jpg

040.jpg

044.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

053.jpg

080.jpg

A fire we saw off of Highway 4 on the way home.
082.jpg

Best wheelin trip ever 4 me guys. thanx mark for spoting the gate keeper for me, and the awsome food. THe group i came up with really disappointed me, I really think they were just intimidated by the sweet xj's. I will come alone next time, and run it all the way.

Wow, looks like there was a good showing and that appears to be a great trail! I'll have to add that one to the "to do" list. Wish I could have gone, darn weekend shifts...

I had a great time thanks to Mark organizing a fun day on the trail. Thanks!
Picture557.jpg

Picture561.jpg

Picture562.jpg

Picture563.jpg

Picture567.jpg

Picture570.jpg

Picture572.jpg

Picture579.jpg

Sorry I missed out on the "Barbeque" at the end of the day's trail run !!
misc102.jpg

Last edited:
Back