• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat foam gone mad?

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
A while ago I was taking my seats out, I laid my driver's seat down on its left side on the grass and accidentally must have bent it down and the foam on the left side has now gotten bent in and it's very uncomfortable to sit in. The funny thing is I've seen many a XJ with the exact same thing that happened to them. What is the problem here!? Also where should I take it to get fixed? an upholsteror's? I dont know why Jeep would have made a bad defect like that but I've seen probably 5 others just like mine. Any ideas?

My 88 driver seat was like that when I bought it. If you are talking about the "wing" on the seat back. I took a large pair of adjustable "water pump" pliars and used a folded towel as a cushion and bent it back to the outside. It made a popping noise and sprung back into its proper shape. I think the springs pop out or something. As you said, it was very uncomforable. May be able to do it with just your hands, if you've got strong hands. HTH...Don

probablt the seat frame. if you remove it and take it to aboy shop, they should be able to weld it. that happened to me when i got my 89 from a bigger guy, and it has been ok since.

Back