• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sea Foam?

Kevin

NAXJA Forum User
I've seen a couple of post about this magical liquid and figured what the heck, lets give it a try. The bottle says you can dump it in the gas tank, no problem, in the crankcase oil, no problem and then down into the throttle body. Thats where I have the problem. I just wanted to make sure that all I would need to do is disconnect the air hose connection and pour the sea foam in right there? Seems easy enough, but I wanted to make sure. Anyobe have experience with this stuff?

I just slowly pour it down the tb until it almost dies, then choke off the TB to stall the engine...let it soak a while and then start it back up. Be prepared for clouds of smoke.

One thing that I do is to try and get the intake manifold as level as possible so the seafoam distributes fairly evenly to the cylinders.

When I do the cleaning down the TB I use half the can to pour slowly into the TB and use my thumb on the throttle to keep it from stalling. Then I more or less dump the rest in causing it to stall and let it sit for a half hour letting the stuff work on the carbon. THEN I fire it up, Impressive smoke for sure. I got the procedure from the GM top engine cleaner and it worked with that and seems to work with this so I stayed with it. For sure try to do it on a level surface for even distribution.

Back