• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vanilla Gorrilla blog

Not much goin on in here so i thought i would do a little update. Rig has been doing great. Havent touched it really all season as far as repairs other than front upper shock bushings, and loosing the wheel. I ordered a new set of shocks and some new tnt adjustable lowers for the front. Going to rearch the leafs and put in my traction bar. Finally install my winch and bumper/steering brace. And im looking for some new tires.

Im in the hunt for some used mtr kevlars. 35x17 load C. Or 37x17 load D. If you see a used set for a decent price hit me up. 925-876-1424. Hope everyone is doing well.

I am about in the same place. Let us know what you fine out about leafsprings. I need to replace my relocation bracket and just use a larger leafspring instead.

I am about in the same place. Let us know what you fine out about leafsprings. I need to replace my relocation bracket and just use a larger leafspring instead.

Thats what i did last year. Switch to the no lift relocators and got a longer leaf pack. Im just really hard on the leafs i guess. Hoping new shocks and traction bar will help preserve them a bit longer than one season.

Traction bar , new leaves , and shocks should help a ton

So 37s are coming soon

My new tires should be here today and hopefully mounted on saturday so yours should be ready to go this weekend. Ill keep ya posted.

excited to see the gorilla on 37s !

08a18491e3698fb5806e7dfac3d8dbd1.jpg

Nice dude

I know. Its an insane deal. Basically new tires. I have new control arms, shocks and rearched springs to go on soon. Then just adjust bumps and clearance for the new meats. Should be a new animal for next season. Hopefully get it together for some snow wheelin.

Did you raise the height of the gorilla? And did you come up with some springs you like?

Last edited:
Im sure he needs an extra inch or two for them 37s and some serious bumpstopping

Did you raise the height of the gorilla? And did you come up with some springs you like?

I think last time i posted i was looking for new springs. I still am actually. I just used some spacers to level it out for now. So its about 4” now. Ill be shooting for 4.5” in the end. Tucks the 35s pretty well. We will see about how to fit these new tires. I dont plan on lifting it anymore than that. Just clearancing and bump stopping as needed.

39db5eca927dd367c258a3c222a11d76.jpg

Officially started work on the heep today. Had to take a sledge to the door and fender on the passenger side to get everything to clear and close again. Also to get it to be able to roll up the window again as this morning it was snowing at my house. Haha.

Fixed my radio and started disassembling the battery wiring. Im replacing all the cables with 2guage wire and marine terminals.

Tomorrow im fixing my fan wiring and then swapping in a new steering box. Also have a new set of lower tnt double johnny joint lower control arms to do tomorrow and with that a total front alignment.

After that ill be pulling the bumper and installing my steering box brace/winch mount and in cab wiring controller.

Time to get crankin

damn man. Hows the progress? Looks damn cold there

Its going well. Got all the new battery cables in and fixed my fan wiring and a bunch if other wiring issues. Getting started on the steering box and control arms should get the alignment done today and get the winch installed tomorrow. Not going to get to the 37s for sure but they will be done before sierra fest.

Back