• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Discussion

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
What trails would you like to run this year, or what difficulty are you looking for?

I'm trying to figure out a trail schedule, but would like to know who would like to do what.

Also, for those willing to be trail leaders, or take out a group, post up.

I really liked our routes last year, Bald Mt Thursday (moderate), over the ridge Friday (long/difficult), Lilly Pond to the rocks Saturday (hard). Depending on group size and trail difficulties wanted, I can come up with some more alternate routes though.

IMG_0234.jpg

The past couple of times I have attended this event I never made it to the rocks.

This time a buddy and his wife are coming with me with their brand new JK. I know they aren't gonna want any body damage so I was thinking of leading an easy run.

Since Rock Creek road re-opened, I was thinking about running up that to the ridge and then over to the rocks.

Anyone know if Milk Creek road has re-opened yet? If so maybe run up that....Lower and Upper Woodpecker trails and 5 Fingers then to the rocks.

Either should be a fairly easy and of course anyone that wants to can join us.

Thoughts/comments?

Last edited:
The past couple of times I have attended this event I never made it to the rocks.

This time a buddy and his wife are coming with me with their brand new JK. I know they aren't gonna want any body damage so I was thinking of leading an easy run.

Since Rock Creek road re-opened, I was thinking about running up that to the ridge and then over to the rocks.

Anyone know if Milk Creek road has re-opened yet? If so maybe run up that....Lower and Upper Woodpecker trails and 5 Fingers then to the rocks.

Either should be a fairly easy and of course anyone that wants to can join us.

Thoughts/comments?
Sounds great, Joe. As far as I know Rock Creek is still the easiest way up to the rocks. A bit of a jaunt though.

Found out that the JK is not going to be wheeled, even if they bring it to camp.

Looks like we will be following the main group....as long as I don't end up on another 18 hour long "trail" run I will be fine.

Last weekend the Ravens Roost trail was impassable due to snow amount I believe.

Be interested to see what it looks like next weekend.

My tentative plan...

Thursday arrive, set up camp, relax a lil, then try n run power line up to ravens roost for sunset.

Friday run Lilly pond to kaner, shoestring, to tripod or whatever it's called? The long one we typically do. Finish at the rocks.

Saturday short run straight to the rocks, back in time for BBQ.

Thoughts? Anyone interested ?

Last edited:
I've never been, so I don't know what to expect. I have decently capable rig on 3.5" lift w/ 31's open open, so break me in easy. I've invited my father who knows the area well and has a land cruiser with 6" 35's locked locked and a 350ci, so I could follow him

My tentative plan...

Thursday arrive, set up camp, relax a lil, then try n run power line up to ravens roost for sunset.

Friday run Lilly pond to kaner, shoestring, to tripod or whatever it's called? The long one we typically do. Finish at the rocks.

im in. maby Saturday make a run over to little bald mt. on the south side take some trail and head to the rocks?

Either way sounds like a good plan.

Re: Re: Trail Discussion

My tentative plan...

X2....this seems like a pretty good plan.

milk creek is closed still rtock creek is open and easly passable we did it in our 2000 xj 31s and 3 inch lift! on fathers day and it was raining so it be even easier now! ya saturday looks like the day we gona come up wat time u guys all leaving saturday? as we would also like an run we can make and keep up and not get in the way

Back