• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intermediate Group

Cnickgo

Do you need assistance?
Who would like to volunteer to Lead and Tail Gun the Intermediate group? Who would like to ride with this group? Please specify which days you will be riding.

You will be responsible for being at the drivers meeting on time, rolling out on time, making sure everyone gets off the mountain safely, and returning the group on time for evening events at the campground.

I would like to leave it up to the group to decide if you will have a pre-planned route for the day. For the volly leaders, please make this happen if so desired.

Just saw the pictures from last year's crawl. Ya'll beat the piss out of most of those rigs! Hopefully someone will lead this group, I got to be able to drive back to Virginia after. haha

Define intermediate..... ;)

As long as I'm not cutting my roof off like I've seen or making it impossible to return home after the weekend.

Is this trip going out on the 4th? and if so what time is this ride? jasons group and mine are getting in late on the 3rd and will be rested and ready to go in the am ( as long as the coffee is done )

Is this trip going out on the 4th? and if so what time is this ride? jasons group and mine are getting in late on the 3rd and will be rested and ready to go in the am ( as long as the coffee is done )

I'll be doing a general ride on the 4th. We will go to places I can have fun and others with me can join in or watch! The 4th depending on when it falls is a hodge podge day usually. I believe I posted a thread about it. :D

I'm thinking of running this group, but I could be wrong, first time here.

I got 4" Short arms, skided all the way, 31"s and open f/r.

The coolest thing about Harlan is the fact that people of different build levels can go together and all have fun. If anyone needs advice here feel free to hit me up.

That's cool and makes me feel better. I've seen the pictures from previous years and yall sure did do some work. Looks like there are some crazy trails too. I'm excited to be out there.

Will we find our trail groups when we get out there? Or will they be predetermined?

My junk will handle the hard stuff but I have to drive it back to VA so I will hang with the intermediate group this time. This is my first trip to Harlan so leading wouldn't make much sense but I will take the rear. I can spot with the best of them and God gave me a strong back to stack rocks with.

Just let me know. I will be getting there mid day on the 5th, can wheel all day on the 6th.

Re: Re: Intermediate Group

My junk will handle the hard stuff but I have to drive it back to VA so I will hang with the intermediate group this time. This is my first trip to Harlan so leading wouldn't make much sense but I will take the rear. I can spot with the best of them and God gave me a strong back to stack rocks with.

Just let me know. I will be getting there mid day on the 5th, can wheel all day on the 6th.

I'll be coming from Richmond on the 4th, so I definitely need to make sure I can drive back haha

I'll be coming from Richmond on the 4th, so I definitely need to make sure I can drive back haha

We can patch it up enough to get you back home if you break something. You'd be surprised at what has driven home from the CRAWL after some carnage......

So would you guys suggest intermediate for me? 4.5" lift, 35s, 3 link front, diff guards, open open currently (may have a rear aussie by then), gas tank skid, plenty of driving experience.
Gonna be driving 4 hours there and back. Would like to keep it in 1 piece.

So would you guys suggest intermediate for me? 4.5" lift, 35s, 3 link front, diff guards, open open currently (may have a rear aussie by then), gas tank skid, plenty of driving experience.
Gonna be driving 4 hours there and back. Would like to keep it in 1 piece.

The nice thing about Harlan is that you only have to do the trails you want to. We havent had anybody step up to lead an intermediate group yet, but I would still like to have an intermediate group. Something will work out soon.

Re: Re: Intermediate Group

The nice thing about Harlan is that you only have to do the trails you want to. We havent had anybody step up to lead an intermediate group yet, but I would still like to have an intermediate group. Something will work out soon.

If I knew the area id lead.
surely there are intermediate rigs out there..lol

I don't wanna break my rig in half on lions den just yet..and I don't wanna drive to Ky just to go down gravel trails

If I knew the area id lead.
surely there are intermediate rigs out there..lol

I don't wanna break my rig in half on lions den just yet..and I don't wanna drive to Ky just to go down gravel trails
you'll love the rock garden section before can opener then.....just don't try can opener.....they call it that for a reason.

Suggested trails for intermediate:

Lower and Upper Rock Gardens
Killin' Time
Fish Fossil
Rail Bed
Intimidator (winches may be pulled but little damaged expected)

Back