• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deer Valley Closed?

If i'm reading it right it hasn't been closed yet but may be operative word is might. One of the things that might come out from this judgment is a temporary closure of some Forest Service roads while the USFS does their studies on the ‘wetlands and meadows’ issues.

F**kin lawyers. I bet they would have a blast at Sierra Fest. I bet they could use a cold beer & take a chill pill!!!

Monday is D-day. The trails will be closed for "1 year" so they can figure out what needs to be done. This is bull crap. It was hidden from the public until the decisions were made. The same thing happened at spider lake. At least it's open to people now though..

We really need to stand up and fight this. This is our own backyard that's being attacked. Soon there won't be any trails left.

There's a tad more info on Pirate.

So I called the forest service today, bounced around Various departments, I finally got to the right person (I think). I asked to check on the status of rd 9n83 (Deere valley). She took my name and number down and is going to look into to see If it is closed. She said " I may not call you back today, but will research this for you". Today is the day the judge is supposed to make his decision, hopefully we will be able to go to Deere Valley for Sierra Fest.

I spoke With the El Dorado Amador Ranger today, this is real it involves 40 trails in the El Dorado including Deer Valley, Strawberry & Barrett Lake. It is part of a suit against the Travel Management Plan; a judge ordered the trails that cross meadows closed until the Forest Service can do a new Environmental Impact Statements (the FS is not happy about this). Don’t plan on using Deer Valley this year it will be closed!!!

Now is the time to get pissed off, join CORVA and every other land use org. you can, Get off your ass and do something or sell your jeep!!!

I spoke With the El Dorado Amador Ranger today, this is real it involves 40 trails in the El Dorado including Deer Valley, Strawberry & Barrett Lake. It is part of a suit against the Travel Management Plan; a judge ordered the trails that cross meadows closed until the Forest Service can do a new Environmental Impact Statements (the FS is not happy about this). Don’t plan on using Deer Valley this year it will be closed!!!

Now is the time to get pissed off, join CORVA and every other land use org. you can, Get off your ass and do something or sell your jeep!!!
Bad news for us Outdoorsmen once again. Gentlemen and Ladies... We NEED to take this serious. Please help groups that are fighting to save these lands for us. Donate, volunteer, sign petitions when they arise, and tread lightly. If you don't do YOUR part to help save these lands, don't complain.

So its closed for sure? Fawking greenies. Ugh.

Rubicon?

Thanks for the motivation...been meaning to join for a while and this just pushed me over the edge. Payment sent...new CORVA Lifetime member here.

The only way to beat these dickheads is to lawyer up.

I will not sell my jeep. :flamemad:

I think that is our only worthy option, unless we can get the same group through Fordyce.

Shaver Lake may be a good option...several trails to choose from, some mild some not so mild. Those looking to make a week of it can run the Dusy, or pick 1 or 2 trails a day to run. Group run through Swamp trail used to be the thing for Friday/Sat. with dinner/raffle on Sat...Bald Mt. on Sunday for the stockers.

Here is a list of the trails that were part of the lawsuit. Taken from here.

"
Here is a list of roads that are threatened from the CA4WDC lawyer. Keep in mind that the entire route may or may not be closed:
8N35, 9N54, 10N32, 11N70,
14N58, 10NY04, 17E12, 9N15,
10N03, 10NY06, 11N09A, 14N27,
9N95, 10N98, 11N23F, 17E16,
10N26, 9N01, 9N08, 10N21,
11N26F, 11NY32, 8N23B, 12NY15,
17E17, 10N01, 17E19, 10N06,
10NY05, 11N22, 12NY06, 13N24
9N83 (DEER VALLEY TRAIL),
10N13 (STRAWBERRY TRAIL),
10N14, 14N05, 14N39, 17E24,
9N04, 9N82, 17E21, and 17E28.
"

Shaver Lake may be a good option...several trails to choose from, some mild some not so mild. Those looking to make a week of it can run the Dusy, or pick 1 or 2 trails a day to run. Group run through Swamp trail used to be the thing for Friday/Sat. with dinner/raffle on Sat...Bald Mt. on Sunday for the stockers.
I have never been there. I hope it is not part of the trail closures.

Back