• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS NC 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

hxcjohnny

NAXJA Forum User
Up for sale is my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. This is a really cool jeep with lots of potential. It has the potential to be an amazing off-road jeep with just a little bit of effort. It also is an extremely comfortable and nice jeep to just drive and haul the kids around. The Overland edition Grand Cherokees were made from 2002-2004. They have several key features that set them apart from any of the other Grand Cherokees of the same year. The interior of the Overland is very, very nice. It has beautiful grey leather seats with suede inserts on the bolsters. The steering wheel is two piece leather and real redwood. All of the woodgrain inserts on the door panels and dashboard are real wood, not cheap laminate like the other models. Under the jeep, the Overland is equipped with the factory UpCountry Suspension. This means the jeep sits 1'' taller from the factory than other Grand Cherokees. UpCountry also means the jeep is equipped with skid plates under the gas tank, transfer case, and engine. This gives the jeep protection offroad. It also has factory rock rails from Jeep.
I bought this jeep back in December with a spun rod bearing. In January, I installed a 4.7 High Output with 30k miles from an 04 grand cherokee. Also, when i looked up the vin of this jeep on the jeep website, it showed that it had it's transfer case replaced about two years ago at the jeep dealership. The body currently has 115k miles on it, but the drivetrain has only about 32k on it. This is an incredibly solid, strong drivetrain. The power and feel of the High Output version of the 4.7 is very noticeable. The HO has fully forged internals. The interior of this jeep is pretty clean, and is VERY comfortable. The Jeep also has brand new bfg long trail tires. The tires have about 3k miles on them.
Both rear quarter panels of this jeep have a little damage. Neither is too bad, and could be fixed pretty easily at a body shop. I had the intentions to fix this jeep and have it painted. I still may do that, but I have it up for sale with my other jeep right now to see which one sales first.
Blackbook value on this jeep in great condition is $11,500. With the rear quarters fixed, this jeep would be in great condition again, especially to have only 30k miles on the motor. I'm going to start by asking $8,000 OBO.
I will get more pics up this weekend of everything. This is an awesome jeep, and is VERY capable in stock form. This is the cadillac of jeeps. It rights incredibly nice, but still has the ability to go wherever you point it. Best way to contact is to call or text 704-657-7553

Untitled by John_Morris1, on Flickr

Back