• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thanks Everyone!!!!!!

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
This is just a quick note saying Thanks for coming out for the event. I hope everyone had a good time. It was nice meeting lots of new folks, and getting together/wheeling/hanging out with lots of old friends.

I apologize for some of the Saturday confusion with getting into groups, my wife (Leah) and I have been discussing this since lunch on Sunday, and plan on improving this process tremendously next year.

If anyone has any constructive criticism or any issues, feel free to post them up in this thread, or PM them to me if you want to keep it on the "down-low".

If you have complaints about:
1. The campground (that is the LAST TIME we will stay there, you were right John/Gabe....)
2. organization of groups at RC
3. Ben (do I have to say more??)

Rest assured that those issues will be dealt with (well, maybe not Ben, but some things can't be helped...) :looser: :loveu:

Also, we will start doing Meet and Greets again at RC in the late summer early fall timeframe. As well, we'll see if we can put a group together at PA Jeeps in July.

See you folks on the trails soon!!!

Andy and Leah

Nice to finally get a chance to hang with ya, Andy - I had a great time this weekend! No regrets at all and even though I finally made it to bed around 4:30 the last night ( :gag: ) Brian and I had a good time wheeling the next day, until I broke a front stub shaft halfway through Otter's Trail...but that's a different issue. :(

n24800499_32366461_2707.jpg

Anyway...I've got no other issues with the campground other than the obvious stuff, but both Brian and I ended up getting our deposits back when we checked out on Sunday, and Judy was very friendly at that time.

I had a fun time running with Clayton and Adam on Saturday too, and they definitely gave us a challenge on the comp course in return. I was able to push the rig a little more than usual in the technical stuff and find out where some of its limits are. But - I'd definitely like to run with more of y'all in the future, and trust me, Brian and I are not always that insane in the stuff we do. We might just be a little more comfortable with it. :D

I'll keep an eye out for the meet & greets and I'll definitely make it out to any that I'm able to. Thanks again for a great weekend and I'm looking forward to the future events!

Dont have any suggestions that you havent already mentioned, but I think the meet and greets are important & would like to see more of them since for the most part they were few and far between for a long time.
That lady at the campground was pretty nasty to me when I checked in & honestly I would have thought we had a group camping rate or something when I told her I had to put the 32 bucks on a credit card because I wasnt expecting it to be that much, she gave me shit about not paying cash.

MrShaft696 said:
when I told her I had to put the 32 bucks on a credit card because I wasnt expecting it to be that much, she gave me shit about not paying cash.

yeah she threw a little pissy fit too when i handed her my card "but I wrote you up for the cash rate!", i just handed her a check instead to shut her up :doh:

Lotta complaints about Ms Congeniality. My club stayed there last year for the B4W OHV and we will never return. Judy certainly puts a damper on things, even when no one is doing anything wrong. Glad to hear NAXJA won't be back.

Process improvements on the formation of groups would be a good idea - we are a tad "off the cuff" on that. I'll have to give the matter a little thought and see if I come up with any ideas.

I didn't have any issues with the campground staff (starting to think I'm the only one that didn't have at least one bad run-in with them) - Judy was friendly and personable to me, and I never got bawled out. It was a shame that we were so scattered about the place, though - I think that and the layout of the group site both contributed to the lack of a single big gathering around a fire on Saturday evening (I missed that). Wherever we end up next year, can we try to come to an understanding with the staff there to try to keep the group a bit closer together if possible?

the only thing im upset about with was there was all this talk about the rob variety hour on sat nite and nothin happened

but in all seiriousness(sp?) i had a great time, maybee next year more peaple will know rc better and well have more leaders wich should help with groups, also havin the whole group at one campsite, or area would be nice it kinda sucked the stuck us at oposite ends of the campgrounds

When I went to check in, she looked at me like I had two heads, not a happy person. I agree with Rob a group site would have been cool. I didn't have a problem with the line up, but what if we had colored signs (green, blue, black) with NAXJA on them and stuck them in the ground and people could line up behind them. Just a thought. John

warrior said:
I didn't have a problem with the line up, but what if we had colored signs (green, blue, black) with NAXJA on them and stuck them in the ground and people could line up behind them. Just a thought. John
I was going to suggest the same thing, I've seen this work in the past. Maybe when a person signs up you ask them to check a box for what level they expect to run. I know this won't catch everyone, those who show up the day of might be tuff but if you have an idea of how many will be running at each level then we can get trail leads lined up and give them a pretty flag with the color they will be running. It won't fix everything but it might cut down on the craziness. The best thing is for everyone to show up early so there is time to sort everything out.

i'm sorry i missed this. it looks like it was a great time.

MrShaft696 said:
...I think the meet and greets are important & would like to see more of them...
x2

Back