• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear....info

Blue Beast

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to plan my first big bear trip since I moved to the west coast. After extensive searching I can't seem to find any info about the yellow post sites(like where they are at)....What I am looking for is a place that is out of the way, away from the noise.

I found a couple of places around bluff lake. Are they any good?

Any suggestions on post sites (which ones are the good ones), or any ideas on where I can get a map without driving all the way up there?

I bought my map at the US Dept of Forestry office in San Bernardino, maybe they have one local there? I'm not sure, but I'll bet you don't have to go all the way up there to get the maps! They are cheap (about 10 bucks), big, and in depth, I treat mine like gold lol.

I saw a couple down in san diego, but I guess I was expecting a little more...maybe I will get one of those, set my compass, and set up camp wherever I end up.

Back