• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

STRANGE A/C ISSUE

WELSCHJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have checked and not seen this discussed. The A/C (96 4.0 Auto) was cycling a bit too much AND NOT BLOWING REAL COLD. Did a recharge with over the counter product which seemed okay-took about 1/2 the can and the system is blowing pretty cold. The ODD thing is the compressor does not cycle off....if I have A/C on it stays on and never goes off. When I turn off the A/C the clutch disengages. Obviously I am happy to have the A?c working but is there any concerns re te compressor not shutting off, even for a brief period of time. It was relatively warm (80+) both times I noticed this while watching it for over 5 minutes.

The compressor will not cycle on the "max" just on "normal", and it will not cycle if you are about 1/2 LBS low.

this seems normal check the pressures they usualy range from 28psi on the low side and 150psi on the high side
if the low side drops below 28 it will cycle the clutch i call it short cycling if the high side goes above 150 it will cycle. depending on the humidity and heat the clutch will kick in and out.
at 80* it prolly wont cycle at idle

Back