• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAT Workdays - Februrary 7th and 8th

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
The next scheduled workdays are February 7th and 8th on 2N04 and 2N49, respectively.

Come on out to help us get some work done and earn hours for the end of year volunteer raffle. Remember, volunteer work keeps trails open. If we don't maintain our trails they will end up closed out from under us.

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 7
Meet Point 1 09:00 AM BIG BEAR DISCOVERY CENTER

The focus for Saturday's activities will be surveying 2N04 to write our annual trail adoption maintenance plan. After we have completed that task we will continue to the Arrastre Shooting Areas off of 2N02 to clean up debris left behind by irresponsible target shooters.

SATURDAY NIGHT CAMPING
Volunteers only. You may camp if you volunteer for Saturday's work, Sunday's work, or both.
NORTH SHORE WORK CENTER
The work center is located at North Shore Campground in Lake Arrowhead. No reservations necessary but we must know if you're arriving as we are behind a locked gate.

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 8
Meet Point 1 09:00 AM NORTH SHORE WORK CENTER
Meet Point 2 10:00 AM 2N49 NORTH END
The focus for Sunday will be general maintenance on 2N49 and continuing our project to clear the long-overgrown 2N49C spur.

COMMUNICATIONS
CB Radio: The fours. We'll start on 4, if busy we'll bump up to 14, 24, or 34.
2m: 146.585 Simplex

What do I need?
Any vehicle that can do a USFS-rated moderate trail (Stock XJ, okay). 2WD XJ is normally acceptable with front tow points however if there has been a recent snow storm 4X4 will be required. Be aware that you may be required to carry tire chains depending on local conditions that weekend.

Bring gloves, a hat, and loppers. Please bring light long sleeve shirts for brush work. Closed toe shoe mandatory. Hard hats will be available but if you have your own please bring it.

Please RSVP if you plan to attend so we can properly plan. Please state which days you will be doing the maintenance, whether you are camping, and which meeting point you plan to use for Sunday.

Thank you for your time

I wanted to go on Sunday, possibly going up late Saturday to camp, but I cannot do any strenuous activity. If somebody wants to go but needs a ride on the trail I might still go, otherwise I will probably stay home and out of the way.

I wanted to go on Sunday, possibly going up late Saturday to camp, but I cannot do any strenuous activity. If somebody wants to go but needs a ride on the trail I might still go, otherwise I will probably stay home and out of the way.

Don't let that stop you, we can use all the people we can get.

There's always tasks that can be done by any current ability level depending on the situation. We'll likely be operating a chainsaw on Sunday so it would be good to have a dedicated safety person.

FYI we've got the Adopt-A-Trail Volunteer cabin booked for Saturday and possibly Friday. There are limited spaces available on the cabin so it's on first come, first served status. If the cabin fills up you can still camp at the work center.

I will be there both Saturday, and Sunday, and at the cabin on Saturday night.

Friday night I may still be down in JV at Hammertown, or I may come up the mountain.

Okay folks, let's start confirming who's going to be there on Saturday, Sunday, or both.

Lunch is included, bring your own beverage.

Saturday lunch: Burgers and/or Brats, please specify your choice. Comes with chips.

Sunday lunch: Carne Asada, beans, tortilla chips.

Brats, please. Mine are all grown, I need new ones.

I plan to be there both days.

Don't even have the Jeep packed yet so I don't think I will be camping tonight. I should be able to make it to the north shore work center by 9. I'll have the 2m and the cb on.

Is there any place to check if chains are required? I don't have any but would rather buy them down here tonight instead of up there where I am sure they charge a lot more.

No chains required. Not that much snow up there. But lots of mud. :)

Back