• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

koh 2013

no way in hell would i miss KOH '13!
i'll be there again this year in my mobile command center.

So tell me about KOH. I'm thinking of going for a couple of days but...

Is it spectator friendly? If so what and where?

Do people camp or?

Are there side trails for imprompto wheeling?

Do people camp or?

I wish i could go again, i had fun hanging out with Tim last year.

Plenty opportunity for wheeling.

I camped last year but really wished i had an rv. The wind whipped up pretty good last year.

Not sure how they will handle spectators this year with the issues they had last year at Chocolate Thunder. Racers were going around a pile up through the sand. It was badass. until the police threatened to shut it down for getting to close to the crowd

I'll be out there from the 1st - 10th. :party:

I will be base camping out of Raceline Wheels booth in the Vendor area.

We will be doing lot of coverage of the event....Already working on getting everything in line now :doh:

LOVE to meet all of you, so be sure to swing by the booth!

Do people camp or?

Yes everywhere is available for camping, except obviously on the race course. Means dry lake pretty much turns into a city over night. There are thousands of people but the lake is so vast that there is no bad spot for camping, when there is that many people. The mini city tends to establish on the northwest side of the lake which is the central point for all trails. Friday the 8th would probably be the best day for serious race experience! There are a lot of trails available but most run thru the race but some of the off trails may be available like Turkey and Sun Bonnet trails.

Last edited:

Do people camp or?

Event is very spectator friendly. Chocolate thunder, back door and the entrance to jack and sledge are good places to watch. You can tent camp but bring good bags because it gets cold out there. Yucca valley isnt far away and has a few hotels to choose from.
If you can be there only a couple days, go the 8th & 9th. Or 9th and 10th so you watch the race friday and wheel saturday. Even during the events there are plenty of other trails to run that are not part of the race coarse.

how are you trailering your junk and where are you staying?

I plan on arriving sometime Wednesday afternoon.

Where is the NAXJA Sierra Chapter reserved camping area? :roll:

look for my mobile command center. :eeks1:
i am leaving san jose tuesday night, should be there mid day wed.

Tim's mobile command center. Rumor has it that the mobile command center is more technologically advanced than the Chinese Mission Control.

Last edited:
I'll be going with chris and bringing my jeep. First time for me and I couldn't be more excited!!

Cool will do. Truck and RV trailer, no jeep?

I will be driving my white dodge.

We will be there with my rig & your truck.. :))

Back