• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wood?

Prepmech

NAXJA Member #981
Is there still a restriction on moving wood between counties because of the emerald ash borer?

Do we need to find a local source for firewood or can we bring our own?

I have 100 cut off 2 X 4s about 10" long, I will be bringing them.

Rev lives close to John LL, he can go get the 'woodbox', that way it won't be in MY garage for 8 months...

Is there still a restriction on moving wood between counties because of the emerald ash borer?

Do we need to find a local source for firewood or can we bring our own?

there are still restrictions in a lot of counties. i'm no expert, but i think you can transport fire wood as long as you are not bringing it from a quarantined county. if you are in a quarantined county, i think you may be able to transport pine only.

also, any fire wood from Indiana is not supposed to be taken out of the state...

P 'in a recently-quarantined county' Main

I do have a couple boxes and bins full of my shop scrap. I may put some oak veneer on a few steel plates, just to keep the board breakers on their toes :D

I also have some old license plate that wound up in my heep at Moab, and some '09 Hawaii calendars that Rev needs to get from me, too.

All I ask in return is at least one drunk dial.

I do have a couple boxes and bins full of my shop scrap. I may put some oak veneer on a few steel plates, just to keep the board breakers on their toes :D

I also have some old license plate that wound up in my heep at Moab, and some '09 Hawaii calendars that Rev needs to get from me, too.

All I ask in return is at least one drunk dial.

I will call you drunk for one of the calendars...its been a hit in the garage all year long...then 2008 ended...

mac 'wood smashing 101' gyvr

You can't see under my jeep when I put it on the trailer, so I'll try to stash some firewood under it.

How much trouble can you get in for smuggling wood? That sounds dirty. :D

I have 100 cut off 2 X 4s about 10" long, I will be bringing them.

Rev lives close to John LL, he can go get the 'woodbox', that way it won't be in MY garage for 8 months...

great sizes for our new Annual WF tradition of board smashing over drunk bastards heads.

BOB

great sizes for our new Annual WF tradition of board smashing over drunk bastards heads.

BOB

there will be none of that from me this year...my knuckles and head where killing me for a couple days after that

I think it is onl illegal if you haul from One state to another.

Back