• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dash clock and lightbulb issues????

EvilCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
A friend of mine was at the junkyard today, and found a dash clock out of a Cherokee. I went to install it, and I cannot locate a plug for it. I took out my instrument panel, and looked with my flashlight, and I don't see any harness that will hook up. Anybody know if the vehicle wasn't ordered with it, the wiring isn't there either? Also my lights for the switches(defrost, tranny mode, etc) are not working. I checked the bulbs, and they are fine. All my other dashlights are fine as well. I figured those switches would be on the same fuse as the dash lights, but if there is a blown fuse, I don't know what one it is. The owners manual lists the bulb type under "Rocker Switch Lamp", but when you look under the section that describes where in the panel that particular fuse is located, there is no listing for rocker switch lamp. I'm baffled.

I had the same prob with a clock I got I found a little square plug on the right side of the dash that was not used had the +batt wire the ign wire ground and istrment panel wire so I cut off the plug on the clock and pluged the wires into the other plug and taped them in. the wires seemed to be soldered or really stiff so the almost acted like the proper connector works great so far.
if ya need the color codes I have it so ya wont have to pop the clock apart

Back