• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Booster/MC swap help

AZjeepin1

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to bleed the brakes after a WJ MC swap, and I have zero fluid at the calipers. I had fluid when I bled the MC at the lower end of the hardlines, but now I have nada at the wheels. I double flared the proportioning valve end of the lines. Any idea why I'm not getting fluid to the wheels?

Did you bleed the prop valve as well? If not do so, then gravity bleed to the calipers first then pressure bleed ... so just let the hose hang until fluid runs down then hook up to caliper and again wait for fluid with the bleeder cracked open. Make sure the MC does not run out of fluid or you'll need to bench it again.
There is a fair bit of volume in the lines and caliper, so might take a bit to run down.
Also how are your soft lines? New or old and crappy? Might be collapsed if old.

did you flare your own pipes that run from the MC to the prop valve?

i had the same issue and loosened them a smidge to see if they would leak and all of a sudden i had brakes. havent had to touch them since.

Back