• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted---Complete tilt steering wheel column 97+ xj wanted

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Need a newer model steering column complete with wheel to replace the busted one on my 99 from theft .The current one has a completely busted lock cylinder housing. I have located a few but none are tilt .

I have one with keys but I want to keep the clock spring because it has cruise control. If I remember correctly yours does not have cruise. Will take $80 for it without clock spring.

I've got one in my stash as well, non cruise but it doesn't have an air bag in it so I can't recall if it was from a wreck, or if I separated the air bag from it, so yeah.... you'd have to swap out clock springs regardless.

But if you need it, I have one. Same deal.

Well if they both are the same complete with keys minus clock spring I think Troy is a closer pickup than Berthoud , So he can take my money . This is the one item I need to fix since 99% if the public isn't sold on starting their ride with a blinging Stanley flat head . I also had to buy a couple new o2 sensors for the emissions since most folks have that issue . The jeep is iterative sold but I feel winds of price haggling and I'm not selling at a loss , so a few cheap parts and my time and it will be better than when I bought it and should be an easy money back . I need the $1000 I paid plus the cash I lost on the optima batteries in the back seat

Shouldn't need o2 sensors for the '99. I put brand new NGK ones in before I emissioned it last year,

I assumed the MIL was on for emissions it's been on since I picked it up . I just ordered the sensors while on the road I plan to put the reader on it when home and see , but I have the sensors if needed they are dirt cheap online vs in the parts store anyway .

Back