• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I switched to propane probably 10 years back, works for my uses, but doesn't seem to be as clean cutting.
Thanks, I expected an answer from you about how you liked propane better as it was easier to get rid of the hookers after a KC special weekend....

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Thanks, I expected an answer from you about how you liked propane better as it was easier to get rid of the hookers after a KC special weekend....

Got one of those coming up soon!

mac ‘what happens in MO’ gyvr

Winning
8d94118d12c74b7103f57e2791d1a19e.jpg

Well, that too....

Hey, does this smell like chloroform??

Thoughts on the super duty 6.4 diesels. Are they decent or do they have problems? Just getting some insight before we go look at one tonight. Looks all stock with 125k miles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well we are keeping the eco boost. Wife is wanting to take it over. Gonna trade in her Buick enclave towards a bigger truck. Guess I might look into a different one besides the 6.4 then

Another eco boost is always an option. Honestly tho, we are already deciding to upgrade campers in next couple years and going up to 5th wheel toy hauler. The eco boost just isn't a big enough truck for a big toy hauler.

They are all good and then there are some that are bad.
The truck that I had to do the most work to was the 02 7.3. But I kept it the longest and I could do the bulk of the work myself. Injectors, glow plugs, GP relay, the wiring harness up under the valve covers. The engine control module was the only thing I paid to have fixed and I think it was the wiring harness anyway because it still acted up after the ECM was replaced and stopped after I replaced the wiring harness, this is why I hate paying people to fix my shit, I can throw parts at it much cheaper than a "mechanic" can.
The 6.0 I had was great, 100,000 miles and the only problem it had was an EGR valve and it was replaced under warranty. Way more power than the 7.3.
I have a 6.7 now and it has been almost 100%, well after I hit that big bump and some parts fell off from underneath it has been 100%.
Rev has a 6.4, and after he hit the same bump I did, it also has been a great truck with almost 100,000 miles.
Go with what you can afford.

Another eco boost is always an option. Honestly tho, we are already deciding to upgrade campers in next couple years and going up to 5th wheel toy hauler. The eco boost just isn't a big enough truck for a big toy hauler.

Good reason. Are you set on diesel or would a 6.2 work? I only ask to ask no game in newer trucks as tbey are out of my pay scale.

Haven’t done much 6.4 or 6.7 work. I’ve had two of the 6.4s come in complete and leave with a few less parts but that’s about it. I’ve done a ton of 6.0 work and 7.3. From what I’ve been told the 6.0 was IH’s design the 6.4 was a combination of Ford and IH and the 6.7 was fords design.
Also don’t put DEF in your fuel tank.

I would buy a gas truck myself.

The 6.4 is good with less parts on it.

At 100k it needs tensioners and idler pulleys.

Late 07 to 08 builds for 08s are better, there were 3 generations of the 08 truck.

If its still DPF it needs to have records showing oil changes every 5k miles. More than that will wash bearings out in the motor.

mac ‘gas fan boy’ gyvr

Back