• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric cooling fan issues

tylergrant2011

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if there was a fuse on the electric cooling fan on a renix system. I have never been able to get my electric fan on my MJ to work, but haven't really needed it since I don't use a.c. But it's warmer than average here and I can't sit at idle for a length of time. I can hook the fan straight to the battery and it runs with no problems. But as I was tinkering around with it the other day I realized I was not getting power to the relay. If there is a if the power source is fused that feeds the relay I'd like to know where it is. Thanks!

The 30 pin on the relay gets power directly from a fusible link, at the starter relay and powers the fan. The 85 pin is what activates the relay and gets power from the thermo switch, lower left of radiator (as you are sitting in the drivers seat lower left) and/or from the A/C when the compressor runs..

Renix_Comanche_AUX_fan.png

I just ran two wires jumping the thermo switch back to the cab and installed a toggle switch. The toggle jumps the thermo switch and uses the run circuit from your ignition switch, the fan goes off when the ignition switch is off. When my temperature starts creeping up I turn the fan on before it gets hot.

I assumed you have a Renix MJ????

Yes I have a renix system. My problem is most likely in the fusible link , because I'm getting no Power feeding the relay. I just didn't know where the fuse between the power supply and the relay might have been. But I'm sure I will find it whenever I look around the starter relay. The relay for my fan is on the opposite side under the hood which was leading me looking in the wrong spot. Thanks for your help!

Back