• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 chili pepper red xj

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Was bought in April from DJ Was stolen 3 weeks later was returned In same mechanical condition before theft minus a broken ignition housing . It was painted Rustoleum red by thieves and 4 gallons of laquer thinner later that shit is gone . At the moment it's in the same condition as purchased minus the wheel lock cylinder. I planned to fix that and a few cosmetic blems on it when I bought from DJ . I can include a column with keys to swap out , currently anyone can start it without a key . Once I invest the couple hours putting a new column in and the $60-80 for the parts and remove the blems it had when I bought it such as baked clear coat on fender flares and a few dents in fender the price will no longer be negotiable . Asking $1000 ...after I've invested another 10-15 hours and a couple hundred more into it the price will be $1200 firm .

Runs excellent looks good ...I bought the Commander thinking it was not coming back and it did and now I need to get rid of it since the Commander is staying .

IMG_20180630_52603.jpg

IMG_20180630_11552.jpg

IMG_20180630_5318.jpg

IMG_20180630_34418.jpg

IMG_20180630_44678.jpg

Condition as of 6/30/18 1130 am ...om my break before going back out to SLC I cleaned the bumpers and end caps off . Monday I'll hit the final spots being the dash and a little on the floor which should only take about an hour . After that point it's as it was when I bought it body wise .

Original buyer has made contact thought he was just flaking . I hate holding it for no cash in hand but he was the first to offer so I have to be decent and give him the chance . I will leave the ad here just in case he does leave me hanging.

Still available?

The original buyer keeps striking up a deal saying he's buying for his daughter then I don't hear from him for a,week or so , but he works at the gates at my work and and he'll just pop up saying he still wants it ...lol...he's been doing this since mid June . I was selling it to Putzer because he vanished for almost two weeks after saying he was buying it and then pooped up right after saying he lost my number , and he's ready to buy it , so I told Putzer original buyer popped up and I've now had the thing sitting for weeks with him coming by asking if I still have it and silly stuff like do I need some 24 rims or a dog ...lol...poor dog you know your owner loves ya when he wants to trade you like cards . I could have had it sold easily by now if I was not holding it .

Damn George, I just spent all my Jeep money on a HONDA!

Damn George, I just spent all my Jeep money on a HONDA!

You can fit grown folk in the back of a Honda . I only still have the XJ on my lot because the first buyer has been stringing me along ...lol...but my neighbor wants it now for his wife as an extra 4wd just in case he needs the 4wd to get to his job writing tickets and his wife needs 4wd to get around . While I enjoy the 5.7 HEMI in the Commander if I had just waited 1 more week to buy it the XJ would have shown up and I'd still be rolling that ... It was cheap ran great...and is such a simple vehicle to keep running...the comnander on the other hand is not su h a cheap or easy vehicle to work on by comparison.

Back