• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I had a guy offer me a 2002 Jaguar X Type w/ 140,000 Miles on it for the Bandit. I was kind of tempted but after meeting him in Denver and looking over the car it just wasn’t a good trade. I’m a little disappointed, but putting 100 Miles on the Bandit and letting her scream as I wove traffic more than made up for it. It’s such a great bike, way underrated.

I bought the northern tool Klutch in the earlier post link.

I know how much force it takes to put 120 ft lbs on head bolts by hand. 500 is nearly 5 times more, and its not a one time thing like doing by hand, it is repeated hammering. I did notice that if you get deep into the specs on these, they have up to three ways they lie about the torque, Max torque Peak torque, and so on in the lit.:scared:

I need to be able to get into a limited space on the rear bolt. This one claims to be only 4". I am looking for the hammering back and forth, in both directions to bust the rust loose more than anything. I'll let you know if works or not.

Weld the head. Get the head glowing hot with a weld, then spray penetrating fluid in.

The Colorado BS thread

8dbc6e9a6b7cb21154d224490a13686f.jpg

Beautiful Nissan

The Colorado BS thread

I was commenting on how nice this guys car is, so he let me drive it.

Gorgeous paint, healthy 350, Wilwood big brakes, but 2.73 gears. Little leisurely off the line, but still moves with authority.
83d4011cc97fe98f4631823478901dce.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Auto trans?

Gotta love a clean '70 Nova..... :thumbup:

Yeah, sadly an auto, I kept looking for the clutch pedal. The pics don't do the paint justice. Very subtle ghost flames, deep metal flake.

Yeah, sadly an auto, I kept looking for the clutch pedal. The pics don't do the paint justice. Very subtle ghost flames, deep metal flake.

So a "three-on-the-tree" would be better??? :D

With the linkage flipped to the left hand side for a one-two slap shift.

That's reaching back!

I have no idea what you just said.
First is towards you, and down. To shift to 2nd, lift up, and push towards the dash, then up more to 2nd. Three distinct motions.

To speed things up, you could move the linkage (rotate counter clockwise on the column) to the left side. Now first is up, and towards you, and second is down, and towards the dash. But because of the tilt/angle of the column, it's more of a straight down motion. Get up to speed, and slap down with your left hand for the 1-2 shift.

Weld the head. Get the head glowing hot with a weld, then spray penetrating fluid in.

Thanks, done carefully, getting it hot (not too hot) and chilling it water or nonflammable pen lube, has merits. But Most pen lubes today are using stuff like propane for propellant, so there is a huge danger with most pen lubes to lighting yourself up if the fluid or propellant is flammable, and or the bolt head is still glowing red. But I do like the idea of heating the bolt by wire welding some on the head.

Back