• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cleghorn Report and Maybe Pics..

Monkey55

NAXJA Forum User
Cleghorn was GREAT... Eveyone had a good. In total, 12 Jeeps showed up: 2 TJs, 1 stock 4 cylinder YJ, and 9 XJs. There was a range from stock rigs all the way to beefy rigs like Santa's Beast. That thing is a MONSTER..

No rigs broke down and no body damage to report. Most people headed back after we had lunch at Pucker Hill. A few of us took the trail backwards, which was Cool.. It was interesting to wheel in the fog, but, we climbed above it after awhile.

Someone passed a ranger on a quads, they waved and said "HI".. Other than that, there was little activity besides another group of TJs.

Oh yeah, Pucker Hill.. There was a BIG PUCKER factor for one of the TJs. I don't remember if I had the camera rolling at the time; I'll check..

People will start posting pics soon.. They better... :D

Elias

Thanks Elias, good job putting together a fun day...
Once again it was great to meet some new people & put some faces to user names. Everybody did great except for the guy in the silverado that got high centered in the parking lot at the bottom , on a sand pile & i had pull out!!!

Yeh Elias great job on organization and leading the pack today. Nice meeting you guys. Thanx for the help Elias, Matt, Andy... couldn't have made it through without the help. I see why Andy has been called the Cleghorn King. Had a blast. Sorry no pics.

KRAKER said:
Yeh Elias great job on organization and leading the pack today. Nice meeting you guys. Thanx for the help Elias, Matt, Andy... couldn't have made it through without the help. I see why Andy has been called the Cleghorn King. Had a blast. Sorry no pics.

ARGH....the PRESSURE!!!! :wow:

Hey Tony, you gonna buy those 33" Baja's?? hahaha

----HIJACK----

Anyway, I had a BLAST today. Thanks to Tony for baby sitting and Bryce (and Tyler) for the comic relief. It was cool to see Santa out slumming with us non-hard core types. And it was nice meeting Kraker and the others as well.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who came out.. Fun Times..

Maybe we'll do another month after Big Bear..

Meanwhile, I'll look at the videos Andy shot with my camera and post a couple..

Elias

EliasJ123 said:
Thanks to everyone who came out.. Fun Times..

Maybe we'll do another month after Big Bear..

Meanwhile, I'll look at the videos Andy shot with my camera and post a couple..

Elias

Just not the one where I fell down walking backwards in the spot where you dented ur door...haha

EliasJ123 said:
Cleghorn was GREAT... Eveyone had a good. In total, 12 Jeeps showed up: 2 TJs, 1 stock 4 cylinder YJ, and 9 XJs. There was a range from stock rigs all the way to beefy rigs like Santa's Beast. That thing is a MONSTER..

No rigs broke down and no body damage to report. Most people headed back after we had lunch at Pucker Hill. A few of us took the trail backwards, which was Cool.. It was interesting to wheel in the fog, but, we climbed above it after awhile.

Someone passed a ranger on a quads, they waved and said "HI".. Other than that, there was little activity besides another group of TJs.

Oh yeah, Pucker Hill.. There was a BIG PUCKER factor for one of the TJs. I don't remember if I had the camera rolling at the time; I'll check..

People will start posting pics soon.. They better... :D

Elias

Glad all went well I saw a few of ya and santa's tow rig today while going home from work/fishing(3 lakes on the way home from work I love it).

every run on cleghorn for me has been in the fog or moonless night. its freaking spooky out there at night in the rain. anyone up for a night run there in a couple weeks?

dzraces said:
Glad all went well I saw a few of ya and santa's tow rig today while going home from work/fishing(3 lakes on the way home from work I love it).

every run on cleghorn for me has been in the fog or moonless night. its freaking spooky out there at night in the rain. anyone up for a night run there in a couple weeks?

I'm down. Sounds like fun!!

That would be awesome, KRAKER... I would totally go for a night run. I usually have nights off from flying, and would probably make the best out of my free-time.

You can count me in. I probably wouldn't be able to go till the end of next month. Carlsbad this weeknd, junk lifting the next, Vegas the one after that, and Big Bear the next... Shoot me a PM or something on when it would be good for you. Later.

So where are the pics? I know I saw atleast three cameras out there.

A night run would be a total fluster cuck. What with everyone's headlights beaming into everyone else's cabs. Not to mention if its a dark moon that night. I'm there. :clap:

TheWarWagon said:
A night run would be a total fluster cuck. What with everyone's headlights beaming into everyone else's cabs. Not to mention if its a dark moon that night. I'm there. :clap:
count the light on the yj in my avitar would that be enough to satisfy you brice? lol 7 fixed and 2 aimable spot lights

TheWarWagon said:
Is the plan to actully use headlights,it's so much more fun to do it in the dark.........

Back