• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Speedo Gear

00Classic

NAXJA Forum User
I just swapped gears and need a new speedo gear. My question is which one. I have check the tire and gear charts on several different websites and found consistently different info on all charts. I am running 32" tires and 4.10 gears. The charts are 50/50 between 36 and 37 tooth. One site lists a 35 tooth for this combo. What is your input.

The charts are pretty good, and you'd probably be fine with either. If you want to get it as accurate as possible, measure the actual diameter of your stock tire and the actual diameter of the tire you are running to come up with the % increase in tire size. Then multiply that % (ie. 1.08) by the number of teeth on your stock speedo gear and see where you come out. My guess is that it will be somewhere around the 36. the problem is that some of the charts use the stated size of the tire instead of the actual size, which can be off as much as 3/4".

Last edited:
Back