• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

step by step gearing writeup or link?

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
I'm close to diving in and regearing my 8.25 and d30 myself and don't wanna screw it up.I'm looking for a good writeup or guide to study so I don't make any avoidable mistakes.
What do you have?
Anything will be much appreciated......
Oh and we need something like this in the faq section would be the shit to have it in pdf.....:viking:

IIRC, the Factory Service Manual has a really good section on gear setup. And it's just a really good set of documentation, period.

And no, we will not be posting the section from the FSM, or links to it, due to copyright infringement.

The biggest issue would be having all the correct tools,after that a lot of patience!

I use a beam type torque wrench for preload. It cost me $28. I also made my own setup bearings. I honed the insides with a brake hone.

Thanks!!!
You guys are the $h!t....
Since we're on the subject:What brand does everyone prefer?I saw a link for front and rear gears and instal kits made by motive gear for $500....deal?
Thanks again guys...Ill post up for a pattern check when I'm done...

Last edited:
Thanks!!!
You guys are the $h!t....
Since we're on the subject:What brand does everyone prefer?I saw a link for front and rear gears and instal kits made by motive gear for $500....deal?
Thanks again guys...Ill post up for a pattern check when I'm done...
I suggestbyou check with www.rwkhausesupply.com he is NAXJA supporter and he recommends Nitro gears.

Back