• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Home for the day.. yay?

imma honky

NAXJA Forum User
Got hurt at work, so the doc sent me home.
Got pinned b/t an 80' C-10 and a machine. Sucked. No real injuries though, but my knee and elbow hurt like a mofo.

WTF?? That is a mighty big truck. I am still at work but have time enough to read these threads...

Caleb

Rev Den said:
Ohhhh....we GOTTA hear the rest of this.

Glad you were not hurt seriously, enjoy the rest.

Rev
Happened about 11:45 (15 f-in minutes before lunch). Anyways. I work at a tire/autoshop. It was one of two vehicle(one on my rack, one on the rack next to mine) to be done before lunch break. I was helping another mount and balance some tires for a minivan, so I asked one of out new dudes to finish up my oil change for me (simple request right?). He says sure. Fills it up with oil, then goes to crank it up to get oil in the pump for a level check. I'm standing right in front of the truck balancing a tire (not sure how many people are familiar with the machines (about a 25K machine). I start to hit a weight on then wham! The stupid truck (or maybe driver) dumped the clutch which somehow knocked the ebrake out and it came forward right into my damn legs. It pushed me into the machine, then both me and the machine back about 3 or 4 inches. My left foot went UNDER the machine (gotta be thankful for steeltoe's). Was pinned for damn near a minute before they(only 3. The rest were gawking with their fingers in their azzes) pushed the f-in thing off me. So basically I dropped the ground, sat down for a bit, then went tothe hospital for a check-up. No injuries, just a bruised elbow and knee. Will be back tomorrow. I think I got pretty damn lucky. Glad it didn't take out my back or crush my knee. IF the machine had been against the wall, it would have crushed my leg, but b/c it wasn't. The machine moved too which I guess helped. All in all, I think what really got me was the shock. I've never been hit by a truck before, and I really don't want it to EVER happen again.

Well, I'm glad you're alright. The old saying still holds true... If you want something done right, you gotta do it your own damned self.

Oh, and give that newbie a good thumping when you go back tomorrow.

Glad to hear the trama wasn't too bad. Yeah you were probably just more scared than anything I suppose. If I saw a truck comming at me?? That is the last time you don't finish your own oil job...

Caleb

Damn! Good thing you are alright. I hope your boss sent Mr. New Guy on a trip to the local unemployment office.

Whoa... Good thing you weren't seriously injured. Sorry to hear about it; perhaps a meeting with Mr. Thumpy is in order for the new guy.

Back