• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rolled the Jeep in Calico

itscheesey

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So I went out to Calico last Tuesday for my annual Calico Brotherhood trip and the wife finally let me take the XJ since she got a newer vehicle. Wednesday night me and a buddy decided to take our boys and go on a ride up to Calico Mt. Made it up there and we both somehow got a flat tire. Tried airing it up to see if it would hold and it did so we headed back out to Mule Canyon. Well my tire didn't make it so we stopped and changed it for the spare then started heading down the road. I decided to pull up on top of a small burm on the side of the road overlooking one of the canyons to take some photos but as soon as I started to I felt the front passenger tire slip out. So I decided to back up and put the XJ in reverse. No sooner than taking my foot off the brakes I was upside down. Got the kiddo out of the back unscathed and sent him to camp with my pal for some help.
Took about an hour or so to get it righted and back to camp. Called John X the following morning and he came through to tow her home. I just want to say I'm thankful for the people in this chapter that have heard and contacted me with support. And a huge thank you to John X.
Still haven't decided what to do with her.
P.S. the antlers didn't make it.
9065b957089e56205ea3b718101fd81f.jpg
f3202d43718456d88d89f0c38e568569.jpg
5c5d870b5998df3a3836ccaa3d29cb85.jpg
4ba4cfbb659eb2f0d3ac5c03166d0292.jpg
c62680a9f34d275e79df7f43885d8a7e.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ouch.

And bummer.

I guess I shouldn't be too jealous of you for being able to score that deal on the one in Arizona.

You are just going to have to go hunting for a new set of antlers. No one will be able to recognize your rig without them.

Well that sucks. Glad all made it out unscathed.

When you get your new rig, I have something to donate to it. :)
That's awesome. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the rolled one. John and I were talking about cutting the roof off and getting one from a donor vehicle. He has doors from the one he parted out. Went over there the other night to tarp the Jeep before the storm. I put new plugs in and some oil and tried to crank over the motor. It lock up and made a horrible sound. John thinks I've got a bent piston rod. When the rain clears out we're going to send a camera in and take a look.

That's awesome. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the rolled one. John and I were talking about cutting the roof off and getting one from a donor vehicle. He has doors from the one he parted out. Went over there the other night to tarp the Jeep before the storm. I put new plugs in and some oil and tried to crank over the motor. It lock up and made a horrible sound. John thinks I've got a bent piston rod. When the rain clears out we're going to send a camera in and take a look.

Let me know, I'll go with you.

Ya know, I was thinking it could just still have oil in the cylinders....not sure how you cleaned it out...so maybe just still some oil in there.

Ya know, I was thinking it could just still have oil in the cylinders....not sure how you cleaned it out...so maybe just still some oil in there.
I mostly just pulled the plugs and soaked the cylinders with carb cleaner and then cranked it until it stopped puking oil out. Let's hope that I just didn't get it all out. As soon as this weather clears up I'd like to get it pulled apart and clean it out.

Back