• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

doing a clutch and tranny next weekend..hydraulic clutch lines....help!

xjridin

NAXJA Forum User
well the title says it all. but i want to replace the slave lines as i can see the bleeder line coming out of the bellhousing is going to crumble as soon as i try to crank it loose. i got my clutch already and it came with the internal slave, but no lines. i see the slaves online with the lines but they are 100+ bucks! anyone been through this torture?

I also need to replace my clutch because my slave went out on me. I dont know if I need to replace my hydraulic lines (was going to wait until I got into it and see if they needed replacing). So I am interested in this as well. Have not ever searched as I was going to wait until the problem arose but the info would be nice before I drop the AX-15

What year are you talking about? The slave lines changed over the years. Your profile says 91. If it's the same as my 89, the replacement line was only $12 at Napa when I replaced mine. It had developed a pinhole and was loosing fluid.

yes its a 91 xj with the internal slave. the 2 short lines from the internal slave to the hydraulic line and the short bleeder valve. i cant find these lines anywhere. unless its with a slave cylinder for like 114 bucks.

Mine is a 90' and I asked at Autozone once and they werent in the computer. They didnt even have the slave cylinder by itself, just the one with the clutch kit. I will call NAPA.

Back