• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Event Information

Fred

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Hello everyone,

I've yet to negiotate a price for the campground. It'll probably be a buck more because I forgot about tax last year, and the chapter paid. We'll be in G-3 which is a little better for us. We are working on swag, as Mike terms it, and other things for the event. It should be fun.

ARROWHEAD POINT CAMPGROUND & CABINS
33975 US Hwy 24 N
Buena Vista, CO 81211
719-395-2323

January 17, 2013

Re: Colorado Chapter of Naxja
July 21-27, 2013 (7 nights)

Arrowhead Point Campground & Cabins, in Buena Vista, Colorado is reserving Group 3 in the tenting area (private and in the trees) for the dates mentioned above. The group rate will be $10 per person per night for members and $10 per person per night for non-members. Children under the age of 5 will be FREE! If anybody would like to book a cabin/yurt/cottage, please have call the campground and mention that you are with to receive a 10% discount on any lodging accommodations. Active military gets a 15% discount for any lodging with the campground. We will charge any active military non-member, the member price if they stay in the group site. Please check-in with the hosts when you arrive, and tell them you are with . We will be collecting the fees for the group site. Sorry folks, they raised the rate a buck. Plus I need to charge for tax, which I forgot last year.

We are reserving the Outdoor Pavilion on Friday, July 26th from 5-10 p.m. with the event size gas fired grill for our use. This will be the night of the raffle and group BBQ.

So let's start posting up who will make it.

Thanks,

Fred

Last edited:
We plan on being there (wife,9yrold,me). We have a pop up camper on the truck and don't need electric, water or sewer. Is this allowed in the group camping area?We will be dragging the XJ on a trailer or flat towing it.Is this allowed in the group camping area? Looking forward to meeting some of you guys...Some I am not so sure of!:eyes:

The trailer will need to stay at the bottom of the camp area in the trailer area. There is a large parking area up top where the site is. I think Yellaheep camped in his truck before. I think it just needs to be ON the truck. Behind the truck might have to be down in the camper/rv area. But might be best to contact the site firsthand.

I plan on being there in tent area. One person, one rig. Hopefully work will not get in the way like last year.

well all you need is something to get ya there, something to sleep in, and consumables.
There are showers on and bathrooms on the property. fire pits, parking areas, lots of tent space etc.
Just bring whoever in whatever and have a good time. Don't wanna wheel each day? No problem. Usually a couple of guys that do nothing but go fishing. BV has a lot of mom n pop places to eat and shop, and you can hang out on the river.

Hey, we've had people fly in from Germany, so I think Delaware is doable. :)

maybe if i can get my new heep built in time ill drive out from nc and make it there. not alot of wheeling out here since they closed tellico down. uhawrrie is too easy, ran a few trails in a stock xj , and i miss a challenge. god it would be nice to see the mountains again and to actually "wheel" again.

Well...with the progress i've been making lately...I'll be there with the buggy in tow :D

Maybe I can get a few people to run Carnage and Indy with me :D

Dibs on your passenger seat!

Are there many trails in this area that can be done in basically stock vehicles? Trying to decide if I should try and make this event in a Jeep, or if I should just ride the motorcycle out and bum rides off people.

Most of the trails can be done in a basically stock vehicle. Bring the jeep.

Dibs on your passenger seat!

Are there many trails in this area that can be done in basically stock vehicles? Trying to decide if I should try and make this event in a Jeep, or if I should just ride the motorcycle out and bum rides off people.

You might have to fight the GF a little, but i'm sure she wouldn't mind :D

If ya don't want to bring the Jeep...I'm sure I'll have a free seat or three in the truck!

Really looking forward to hitting this up this year!

Fred I know it hasn't been too long, but anymore updates on the campground?

edit: n/m didn't see the RED lettering :D

I would love to make the event. I can't do the entire week, but the upside is that I live about 65 miles north of BV. It'd be nice to meet some people. We may bring both my XJ and her TJ. We both wheel, and we both like to drink. Should be fun!!

Come for a day, come for the week, just stop by and say, "Hi." It's all good.

I would love to make the event. I can't do the entire week, but the upside is that I live about 65 miles north of BV. It'd be nice to meet some people. We may bring both my XJ and her TJ. We both wheel, and we both like to drink. Should be fun!!

Hope you can make it, even it if is just for a day!

Back