• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ORS XJ/MJ Stubby Bumpers. ***FREE SHIPPING***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Action Fab

NAXJA Forum User
dscn0902z.jpg

dscn0903t.jpg

ORS is proud to be the first to bring a bolt on bumper to market that allows customers to mount their winch below the radiator of their XJ's and MJ's. This bumper offers more ground clearance and a better approach angle than any bumper offered for the 87-01 XJ or MJ. Weighing as little as 37lbs, this bumper won’t weigh down your suspension either. Not only is it light weight it's very strong. These bumpers are designed to mount into the front frame horns with 18 bolts through existing frame holes. It works as more than a bumper too... It's also a steering box brace and front cross member. Made from 3/16 steel it will keep the front of your unibody intact and crack free. Due to it's modular design this bumper allows the owner to fit his/her needs. Also available are modular wings that will bolt onto the stubby bumper transforming it to a "full width" bumper, protecting the lights and fenders. Also in the works are grill hoops, stingers and light bars that will allow the owner to bolt on added protection. This allows the owner to customize their bumper as their needs change or money allows.

Four versions of the stubby bumper are offered.

Blank... $255.00
Prototype with old style d-ring mounts
img6397n.jpg

Comp winch... $275.00
img019ko.jpg

non integrated solenoid winch... $275.00
dscn0908s.jpg

Integrated solenoid winch... $295.00
img062p.jpg

Wings (sold as a pair)... $175.00
dscn0900s.jpg

Driver side inner steering box plate... $35.00

To place your order PM me or call my cell any time at, (817) 880 4826.

These Bumpers fit most popular winch brands. Ramsey is not one... Smitty Suilt, Superwinch, Warn, T-Max, Chicago, Tabor, Rough country, Mile Marker, along with many others will. As long as the bace mounting width is 6" or less. With this bumper the front crossmember does have to be trimmed to allow placement of your winch. For winches mounted in the non integrated solinoid bumpers. You will need to locate your solinoid box eather under the hood or in the cab. My bumpers are jig built and made to fit the XJ/MJ frame rails tightly, if you are running front frame stiffeners, modifications may need to be made to allow proper fitment. These bumpers do an amazing job of tieing the driver and passenger frame rail together... If you want a recovery point you can trust this is your bumper.

ORS BUMPERS OFFER MANY GREAT FEATURES:

-Modular design makes upgrades easy
-Ridged light weight design keeps sprung weight down and center of gravity low
-High clearance design offers the best approach angle of any bumper on the market.
-inner frame plates give a firm mount, and help brace the steering box.
-3/4 inch d-ring tabs offer nearly a foot of weld serfice and fit up to 7/8 d-rings. This offers a solid point of recovery that you can trust.
-Hidden winch mount keeps your winch safe and out of harms way. Also keeping the elements and praying theafs at bay
-Low cost and high quality. My bumpers are made by hand here in America from 3/16" hot rolled steel.
-Fast shipping with helpful service. My cell number is (817) 880 4826. If for some reason you have an issue. You can call me day or night week day or weekend.

ONE OTHER THING TO NOTE: I have a new line of hawse fairleads that should begin testing next week. They use an all new material and will be able to withstand not only harsh abrasive steel cables but also will be safe for use on synthetic winch rope. The secrit is the lubricant impregnated composite that will be used, The key word being "Lubricant". Friction is what causes wear, and with this new line of fairleads that will be slowed tremendously by introducing an agent to reduce the friction and thus extend the life. I will be having a model cut spicificly for my XJ stubby bumpers.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

-Chris.

Thanks!

The other ones were just not right... hey worked great, don't get me wrong, but it looked like a box tube bumper. I like these a lot better. They are beefy too! They are all 3/16 and with the extra angel added in they are really ridged. I think that people will pretty impressed with the setup once they get their hands on it. It's slick for sure.

-Chris

Here is another picture.
dscn0904d.jpg

Here is a picture of the inner steering box plate. If you one with your bumper it is only $25, if you want the inner plate only it's $35.

Only $25.00 with the perchase of an ORS bumper.

dscn0911.jpg

This may be a silly question, but what's the difference between the two winch versions? Is one with the solenoid box attached and one is with it relocated?

This may be a silly question, but what's the difference between the two winch versions? Is one with the solenoid box attached and one is with it relocated?

One is for the integrated solinoid winches... Such as the XD9000i

http://www.winchdepot.com/Winches-W...8&t_s=300&t_pt=100702&t_pl=6407&t_pn=WAR27550

And one is for the ones with non integrated solinoid boxes that can be relocated... Such as the XD9000

http://www.winchdepot.com/Winches-W...8&t_s=300&t_pt=100702&t_pl=6407&t_pn=WAR28500

-Chris.

whats the "comp winch" option? Also is the winch mount off-center on all of the other ones?

I am interested but wonder why its offset? is the clearance that close?

it's offset to clear the powersteering box that is mounted on the inside of the driver frame rail. Not all winchs need to be offset... That is one reason I offer the "blank" option. The comp winch bumper is for those little short drum comp winches such as the WARN RC9.0. It is centered. And yes they have very tight tolerances.

These are amazing, exactly what I would build if I could. You're very likely going to get my order. I'll be holding off to see what the bull bars look like.

Thanks for the innovation.

Material strength question. Because of the design, which I like, could these be used to mount shackles for a leaf spring conversion? If so, you will get my order this spring some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back