• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: V8 ZJ Coils

BruceB83

NAXJA Forum User
So I think I'm going to go with an Up Country type approach to my new XJ and just go with a 1" lift. I was going to keep the suspension stock to keep the ride quality and comfort level but I need a little something. Anybody have any V8 ZJ coils sitting around? I'll pay for shipping if you're not local to me.

Also, if you have any lift options for the back let me know. Since I'm only looking for 1" and I'm not setting this up for hardcore offroading, I'm still not sure if I'm going to do a shackle or wait and buy some HD spring packs from Quadratec. I'm open to anything you have that could help me here.

If an inch is all you're looking for in the rear, use a block. MY wife's 2000 DD has a 1" spacer in front and a 1" block in the back. It's not used for wheeling so I don't worry about it and it looks pretty good.

If an inch is all you're looking for in the rear, use a block. MY wife's 2000 DD has a 1" spacer in front and a 1" block in the back. It's not used for wheeling so I don't worry about it and it looks pretty good.

How does it ride? I want to keep a stock-like ride quality so that's why I was willing to dish out the money on the coils and springs even only for a 1" gain in height. Does it have any vibs at all even on the highway?

After doing more research I found that the Moog CC782 coils are Up Country replacements and will net me 1" in the front. I found them on eBay for about $70 shipped brand new. As for the back, I need to dirty measure to see if I have sag (110K miles) and if so then I'll probably fork out the money for the "HD" leafs from Morris 4x4 Center for about $180 shipped.

It's like a new world not talking about lifting 5"! I actually had to research how to net 1"...ask me how to net 5" and I can give you 137 different ways! Lol...

My wife says it rides as good as her Rendezvous did and after driving mine, I say it rides like a Cadillac. :D The "boost" was on it when I got it and you really can't tell it's on there. I will say, that I probably need some new leaves in the rear though, at 165K, I'm sure I do. It has seen plenty of interstate miles and there are no driveline vibes at all. It hasn't been offroad, so I don't know how the blocks would do in a flexing situation. I mean, I don't know if the bump stops would bottom out or not. They never have on the road, even with the Jeep loaded.

My wife says it rides as good as her Rendezvous did and after driving mine, I say it rides like a Cadillac. :D The "boost" was on it when I got it and you really can't tell it's on there. I will say, that I probably need some new leaves in the rear though, at 165K, I'm sure I do. It has seen plenty of interstate miles and there are no driveline vibes at all. It hasn't been offroad, so I don't know how the blocks would do in a flexing situation. I mean, I don't know if the bump stops would bottom out or not. They never have on the road, even with the Jeep loaded.

Cool. If you get a chance would you mind posting a pic of her XJ?

I'm not too concerned about rear flex as this thing won't see more than forest service roads and very minor trails I use to get to camping or fishing spots...and snow in NC. Like I said, more concerned about ride quality. I'm coming from my 87 XJ lifted 5" and this one already rides like a Cadillac compared to the other one. I don't want to lose that!

Back