• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best pic ever......

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
I have been wanting to try "Fracture" for one my favorite trips. I ordered the largest one they make (22x28) and I love it! It's from Black Bear pass.
P1010356_zpsdpty6h6a.jpg

It's been my screen-saver for over 10yrs now, I just love the fact that your still almost 4000' above Telluride! It's not the highest trail by any means but definitely one of the most gorgeous.

Living in the Northeast, that would be an ultimate dream to visit a trail like that... One day.

What's stopping you? We always camp in Ouray and from there you have dozens of the best trails no matter which direction you head out!
And yes the Rockies are unbelievable with most passes between 12-14K feet.

FWIW, we always stay at 4J, it's got to be the cleanest campground/facilities I have ever visited. Cheap rates and you have to see the bears coming thru the camp which is right downtown!
http://www.4jrvpark.com/camp-sites/

What's stopping you? We always camp in Ouray and from there you have dozens of the best trails no matter which direction you head out!
And yes the Rockies are unbelievable with most passes between 12-14K feet.
The usual life excuses. But, I'm slowly gearing up to change that.

I grew up in northern CA Sierras, and I've driven the entire country due to a past occupation. In fact, I'm heading to Denver in a few months to visit my daughter. A few years ago, when she lived in Col Springs, we stayed outside of Canyon City and took my wife across US50 so she could see those views for the first time.

But, it's pictures like the one you posted that reminds me of what's out there.

Bring plenty of batteries and memory cards for your camera (or, bring along the laptop and download cable, and blank DVDs to burn to).

Moab's another one on the "Ultimate Dream" list for NE guys like us, and I got to fulfill that one in 2008 (But I'd love to go back again). Spent the entire 25th Anniversary Event steering the rig with my left hand while firing off the digital camera with my right. I literally could not stop myself from taking pictures - even took a bunch on I-70 through Vail Pass going out/back...

The image would not be nearly as dramatic if the camera was held level. That section of the trail is really pretty easy with only a couple of steps.

Back