• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fun with trucks!

SurfXJSnow

NAXJA Forum User
This will just be a build up thread of my 04 Hemi. I know, its an XJ forum... but figured id share it here to.

So far, Ive cranked the front Torsion bars to get about 1.5" of lift up front. Could crank them more, but would prefer not to over do it for fear of putting to much stress on the steering components.

Added a tool box to fit all my tools, as I am a GC.

My dodge cab marker lights should be here today from summitracing.com! Will have pics up later after I get the guts to drill holes in my roof!

Ordered a Cobra CD, and Dual antennas with mounting brackets. Thinking about mounting them to the back of the tool box but dont know if they will fit. Antennas should be here today, CB will be here later this week. Ill have pics up of the antennas later.

Ordering some readylift torsion keys soon to give an extra 1.5" up front, and found a set of shackles that will give the rear about 1.5" as well.

Looking at getting these wheels from discount tire

As for tires, im looking to run 35's with the 3" lift up front and 1.5" in the back. Right now I am running 32's and there is TONS OF ROOM.

Thats it for now. Will post pics as I break out the drill for some roof demolition!

\

cab lights? really? Must be a VA thing. ;)

I remember :twak:

I thought it would have looked like you did the proverbial drive through pep boys with the crap magnet on -- less so on a full size, but still not my bag.

Cab lights FTW. Well, on trucks, not Jeeps.
What lights did you go with? Amber, clear, smoked? Recon makes some badass smoked cab lights.

Indeed. Same goes for rabbit ears.......... :D

yup.....i think guys who throw a couple cb antennas on their tool box and cab lights on their half tons look goofy as hell.... but i think things on a truck should be very proportional and dont like 7 inch stacks and 22.5's on a dually....

Got the cab lights in. What a nerve racking process having to drill into the roof of a perfectly good truck. haha. These lights were actually really well made and the wiring included worked great. I had to pull the headliner out, which meant taking all the interior pillar trim out as well as the visors and the overhead console, compass thingy. This kit came with no drilling diagram, so all the placement was up to me. I like the look of the 3 in the middle being closer together like most of the dodge 2500's have, so i went with that style.

mock up...

Finished product....

Forgot to mention. I also lucked out and found out that there is a factory wire harness in the passenger side pillar that was meant for cab lights. I found this info online. I was going to tap into the fuse box or the headlight switch, but the pillar was such a great option without leaving a trail of wires.

whatever blows up yer skirt man! ;)

yup.....i think guys who throw a couple cb antennas on their tool box and cab lights on their half tons look goofy as hell.... but i think things on a truck should be very proportional and dont like 7 inch stacks and 22.5's on a dually....

This is coming from a guy that thinks 4x2's are "real trucks"? And the Ram 1500 in my opinion is just as large, it not larger than that F250 or the 2500 Chevys... Just look at them side to side. Now, if you want to talk about power... My HEMI dyno'd at 415HP last week at my buddies shop. Show me a F250 or a 2500 that has 415HP or even 345 stock like the Hemi does. Lastly, when im carrying 60 4x4 posts to a job site the night before, I want to make sure people see me. This helps my cause.

now shuddddddup!

Cab lights FTW. Well, on trucks, not Jeeps.
What lights did you go with? Amber, clear, smoked? Recon makes some badass smoked cab lights.

I was going to go with the Recons, but couldnt stomach the thought of spending 100+ on cab lights. I went with the PACER brand from Summitracing.com. I was originally going to go with smoked lights, but have seen them on a few other white trucks and I just dont like the style. They look like black bumps on the roof on a white truck. I just went with the amber to keep it traditional looking. I can aways change em out if I go another direction.

Back