• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Info

Just joined NAXJA last month. I'll have very modest mods in time for the event. Is a 2.5" lift and recovery points front and back still worth it? I should also have 30's but maybe only 235's. I just want to check out all the sights and rigs. I've never seen RC.

I also didn't mean to post this in here... :D

Last edited:
OverTheHillsATTW said:
Just joined NAXJA last month. I'll have very modest mods in time for the event. Is a 2.5" lift and recovery points front and back still worth it? I should also have 30's but maybe only 235's. I just want to check out all the sights and rigs. I've never seen RC.

I've never been to Rausch Creek, but at Paragon a 2" lift and 30s can get you through a lot of the intermediate-level trails. There was one day when the near-stock XJ group was running an intermediate trail, followed by a group of built early Broncos (locked on 35s/bigger). That was cool.

OverTheHillsATTW said:

Yes, definitely come out!!! There will be a group that will work well for how your Jeep is built. And you never know, you may win something to help you "take that next step" at the BBQ/Raffle on Saturday...;)

A.

Mambeu said:
I've never been to Rausch Creek, but at Paragon a 2" lift and 30s can get you through a lot of the intermediate-level trails. There was one day when the near-stock XJ group was running an intermediate trail, followed by a group of built early Broncos (locked on 35s/bigger). That was cool.

I did quite a bit at Paragon on 2" and 225s (later 30s) - even to the point of a Blue-2 (Rocky Meadow), though I did need an occasional strap.

OverTheHillsATTW, RC is set up much the same way - with what you've got, you can definitely handle the blues (between them and the greens, there's plenty for you to play on). A bonus at Rausch is that most obstacles have an easier bypass available (or, on the really easy trails, a more challenging optional obstacle) - IMHO, an excellent design decision that really complements the mixed-rig group.

Heck, I've even tackled Crawler Ridge on 2" and 30s (last October). You just gotta know how to pick the right line.

Nice I knew it had to be as your saying. Im completely confident in my rig and ability to read the lines. Now the only problem is I can't wait!! :D

Rob Mayercik said:
I did quite a bit at Paragon on 2" and 225s (later 30s) - even to the point of a Blue-2 (Rocky Meadow), though I did need an occasional strap.
Yeah, that day on Rocky Meadow is what I was referring to. There was that early Bronco convention the same weekend as NAC-fest in 2006.

Mambeu said:
Yeah, that day on Rocky Meadow is what I was referring to. There was that early Bronco convention the same weekend as NAC-fest in 2006.

Thought that sounded familiar, but wasn't sure - thank the stars I bought and installed the rock rails that spring.

From what little I saw at the campground (stayed at a hotel on the other side of Hazelton), the Bronco guys seemed like good people.

This year, I booked an efficiency cabin at Echo Lake, so my "nightly commute" will be at most a couple hundred yards on foot, rather than a 5-mile drive.

On a side note, I gotta know - how much of the new clutch you started that NACFest with is left? You weren't exactly gentle on your 31s and 3.07s as I recall...

I am thinking about driving down from Rochester. Where can I find the list of required equipment? I have an 87 on 4.5 inches with 33s.

MoFo said:
I am thinking about driving down from Rochester. Where can I find the list of required equipment? I have an 87 on 4.5 inches with 33s.

Per lobsterdmb's post from last years event. I would assume it's current.

Required Equipment list

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As per the bylaws, the required equipment list for Nacfest is:

Section 3: Required Equipment for Event Participation

1. VERY HIGHLY recommends that all event participants have a CB Radio.
2. requires all listed items to be present, and available for use, for a vehicle to be permitted to participate in a event. Participants are expected to stow equipment and all other items within their vehicle in a safe manner, conscious of the effects of OHV use and possible shifting of items.
3. Safety Inspectors will use this list for safety inspections prior to any event. The Safety Inspector has final say in approval or rejection of any vehicle for event participation and may at anytime defer to a second event or club officer for additional ruling.
4. expects each event participant to carry insurance and registration sufficient to meet the legal requirements of their vehicle state of residence and for the roads and trails traveled for the event. is not responsible for assuring an entrant's vehicle is legal for the roads and trails traveled in the event.

Equipment List

1. Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
2. First aid kit
3. Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
4. Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
5. Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
1. Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
2. Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
3. D-Rings
4. Shackle/Clevis
6. 20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
7. Secured battery (no bungee cords)

sorry if i missed it somewhere but what are the camping prices?

ROBZ95Xj said:
sorry if i missed it somewhere but what are the camping prices?

We are doing a group site this year again, but not the same group site. I don't know what it is per person though, you may want to give them a call.

(570) 695-3659 Ask for Judy or Pete, tell them that your staying in the NAC-Fest group site.

A.

Back