• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Word just came down

Not sure if you are interested, but I work for Roto Rooter and came from a customer service/sales background and they took me. The work is good, spend most of your time outside. No real boss looking over your sholder. Our office is located in Rancho Cucamongo but we cover everywhere from Highland to Monrovia. We are always hiring due to some people not wanting to actually put in manual labor. PM me if you want address and phone #.

Jeff

Jump This said:
Fark Bryce, can't you hold a job anymore?

:looser:

You still have a network of friends don't you? Time to get on the phone.

:phone:

Well, it's not just me who's getting cut. By the end of the year, our entire office should be gone.

TheWarWagon said:
Well, it's not just me who's getting cut. By the end of the year, our entire office should be gone.

WOW.....this whole economy thing is getting out of hand!
My bud's shop closed over the weekend too....gotta' wonder
how much longer its going to last, and will it get much worse?

:dunno:

I'm gonna talk to Ctm jack for you man....

It's a bit of a drive but if all else fails a job there could hold you over.

Could always try Hertz. Work isn't too bad, you make $10/hr as a sales rep, plus bonuses based on sales (commission, they just don't want to call it that), plus bonuses for manager trainee and above if the area meets customer satisfaction goals, profits, etc. Plus, depending on the location/area, you can drive some pretty cool cars.

Sorry to hear. Hang in there, things are starting to turn for the better, you can see it a little at the Dealerships, Sales are improving a little, and service has started getting a little busier. Just need to make it past the Elections.

That sucks!

Good luck on finding something quick.

Seams to be a reoccurring theme on this board. There were several others. Jim, and some other folks.

Or just in general. My wife was let go from her job about a month or two ago. Budget cuts. Tough when you're 1 of 3 that does your job, one is the manager, and one gets payed less then you since they are new.

Good news is she had an interview lined up the next day at my work. Got hired a week later, been here since.

I'm probably going to be out of a job at the end of this month. Sales are rediculously slow, and the company is about to pull the plug on the Orange County truck that I drive.

I'm taking home ~1500/month at the moment. Subtract 900 for rent, then I choose which bills don't get paid that particular month and I pay about half of them. I'm falling behind further and further each month.

Needless to say, I'm looking for work too.

Bryce, if you're interested, looks like I'm gonna be flipping cars again. Let me know if you want to help out. If nothing else, it's easy side job money. And to start, if you need it, I might be able to pay you a little for some part time work.

The Corrado will be done soon too, FYI. I've had so much drama lately I feel like I belong on an MTV "reality" show. Call me or drop by, let's catch up and get shit faced. But it will have to be on expired grape juice, as I can't afford booze. :(

Shit, don't know if anyone else has heard but I had a FOR SHIT ride home. A guy in a car clipped me on my bike and put me on the ground. The bike's banged up and I'm bloody, but alive. Damn, when it rains it pours.

TheWarWagon said:
Shit, don't know if anyone else has heard but I had a FOR SHIT ride home. A guy in a car clipped me on my bike and put me on the ground. The bike's banged up and I'm bloody, but alive. Damn, when it rains it pours.
Holy shit bryce! Sorry to hear about the wreck, you want for me to assasinate for you? I'm out of work looking for something to do :D

Damn you got it shitty. Hope it gets better. Glad your alive. Think of it as a chance to find something better. Thats what im doing. I swear i work harder right now then I did when working.

Trouble said:
Damn you got it shitty. Hope it gets better. Glad your alive. Think of it as a chance to find something better. Thats what im doing. I swear i work harder right now then I did when working.

Your not working either?

Damn.....I thank God that I'm in the vulture business. That is to say when people have broken water pipes and house fires, I'm paid to clean up the carcass. And you know that that is not economy based!

Best of luck to all who are looking for work right now.....

Rick

Back