• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back? I don't need no stinkin back!

bmanga

NAXJA Forum User
Some sheet metal work to do yet but ya'll get the picture!

bye-bye-junk-sm.jpg New-rear-side1-sm.jpg

Few more.

New-rear-side2-sm.jpg New-rear-sm.jpg

Grrr, If you only knew how much restraint it has been taking me to not chop the roof off of mine you wouldn't have posted those pictures. It's driving me crazy! Like having a cigarette with no lighter! Like having a sawzall and no electricity!

Mostly cut with a grinder with a cut off wheel. Then my battery operated sawzall to get the few places the cut off wheel can't get to....

LOL! I figured with the support of the cage screw it I'm doing it. I demolished the hatch and most of the rear glass @ the Rock Rally @ Morris Mountain so it was a no brainer for me! :idea:

Wheel it like ya stole it, destroy the rear and you'll have no reason not do it! :gee: Unless you want the rigidity of a cage (ASSuming you don't have one).

So let me ask everyone this. If an MJ is a pickup and an XJ is the grocery getter does that make a chopped XJ an RJ since alphabet wise it's half way between M and X and it can't be an SJ since those are waggies? Just askin? LOL!

Last edited:
A little Macgyverism temp fix until I can do the sheet metal work:

44454_1588879810729_1497857348_31529927_713467_n.jpg

The one thing that sucks about cutting off the back is you get to see the spots you missed on top when welding the cage. :? Another project another day!

Grrr, If you only knew how much restraint it has been taking me to not chop the roof off of mine you wouldn't have posted those pictures. It's driving me crazy! Like having a cigarette with no lighter! Like having a sawzall and no electricity!

I'm having the same problem. I'm not driving mine while I make up my mind about the front end, but at least once a day I look at it and think about how much fun the saw would have with the back...then this shows up.

Looks good though!

I'm having the same problem. I'm not driving mine while I make up my mind about the front end, but at least once a day I look at it and think about how much fun the saw would have with the back...then this shows up.

Looks good though!

Thanks! My wife came downstairs and said; daaayum that looks bad arse! LOL! Then I showed her and the boy a few pirate threads where they turned 4 doors into MJs more or less.....The boy at least is hooked! :woohoo:

Whatever ya'll decide to do just remember it's a unibody and needs rigidity and it uses of course the back top as part of the structure that creates the rigidity. Yes I know thanks Mr Obvious! LOL! I did mine since the cage is 1.75" x .120 DOM. :cool:

Thanks guys! :peace:

Back