• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HP D30 3.55/Lock-right/297s & 29-Spline 8.25

BruceB83

NAXJA Forum User
I have the possibility to buy a new set of axles but am only doing so if I can sell the ones I have. If I have a buyer, I'll sell them. Here is what I have...

HP Dana 30 with 3.55 gears, lock-rite locker, and 297 shafts. It has new u-joints and hubs. $300

Chrysler 8.25 with 29 spline shafts, 3.55 gears, and 2 spare shafts. $175 inc. spares.

$450 if they go together.

This would be a great package for someone to throw in their Cherokee with 31's or smaller! With 297s and the 29-spline, you'll be very hard pressed to break this combo...unless you can't drive of course!

Let me know if you're interested. Please, serious interests only.

should be able to run 33s with these.

I believe he ment the gearing as the limitation for the axles. Bruce I'm very intrested in your D30. When are you going to want to get ride of the axle by?
I think it'd make a great addition to the Aqua Pearl XJ hah. Just don't hold it against me that it's "teal". First Dibs!

Last edited:
I believe he ment the gearing as the limitation for the axles. Bruce I'm very intrested in your D30. When are you going to want to get ride of the axle by?
I think it'd make a great addition to the Aqua Pearl XJ hah. Just don't hold it against me that it's "teal". First Dibs!

Yeah, the 3.55 gears are what I was considering the limiting factor to running 33s.

Well, it will be soon...probably either this weekend or next weekend. Let me see what kind of interest I can get in the 8.25 now. I think that's a fair price considering it comes with spare shafts...those aren't the easiest things to come by!

And no, I won't hold it against you...the teal will wheel great with this! Ok, that's your new nickname....The Teal Wheeler. It's official. :roflmao:

Damn, I really wish I could help you out with that 8.25 to get things movin for yea, just don't have the funds for it at this time. I'm going to be at Parris Island, SC on friday so it'd be perfect for me to pick it up from you then. Do you think there would be anyway to get the D30 off you then? Mind getting some pictures for me?

Back