• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Leaders

Kudzu

NAXJA Forum User
Ryan please make a purposed trail schdule for the event.

Beginner
Moderate
Extreme

Some of the Extremem guys like to ride with the moderate group on Thur. so They have a good day with no breakage brfore they hit the harder stuff.

I'll lead a trail for ya on Fri. if I'm there. How's that for wishy washy?

Sean

I'll be glad to lead a group through Slickrock or Schoolbus on Friday. I'll probably stick with the moderate group on Thursday but you WON'T catch me going down Peckerwood again though!

You extreme guys are such Weenies...LOL..remember we renamed it...PUCKERWOOD.

alrighty, when do you need it by, and how many groups of each do you think we should take? i guess depending on how many people show up we can guage whether to take more than one group of each difficulty, i'll get a schedule worked up here in the next few days and post on here so you all can approve or make changes.

ps - oh yeah, people on the extreme ride....bring spares, i got a good schedule in mind for us heh heh :twisted:

Hey Ryan! There are a few of us that would like to do more than moderate,but not EXTREMELY extreme (does that make sense?). I saw Slickrock last time we were there and it looked tempting. Something like that thrown in with some moderate to hard stuff. Mark says he might try it,too. Is there a moderate to difficult ride you could set up for Saturday? 8)

P.S.-Sorry to hear about your misfortunes Saturday morning. I was really looking forward to seeing the leaf conversion. You got any pics up on the web? Links? We had a blast,even on the easy trail that it is,the difficulty rate went up a notch with all that Rich Mtn. gumbo!

well, i have a good schedule planned for the moderate on thursday, i will see what i can do about a decently difficult one on saturday for ya'll. i'll post it up here in a few days and let ya'll know what you think. yeah, you'll see the leaf conversion a little bit with fullwidths over the trip :twisted:

alright, well i have tackled the extreme group first, so here's what i was thinking, let me know what ya'll think...

THURS - Guardrail to Heli Pad and then down Schoolbus for some pucker fun
FRI - Slickrock to down Peckerwood then up Schoolbus
SAT - Lower 2 to Upper 2 (I figure that will take most of the day)

so let me know what ya'll think, if I should add anything or take anything off, I am workin on the moderate schedule right now and something good for the extreme guys to do on thursday if ya'll want to ride with the moderate guys.

Chark, Ron, Hunter, and I did 12 (I think) last year. That's a pretty good thursday warmup. I don't remember how we came back out, but we had a good time of it.

Sean

well i would definitely like to go down schoolbus rather than guardrail personally. so we'll do 12 and down schoolbus on thursday, that sound better? thats just for the extreme, i'm workin on the moderate tonight, should be posted by tomorrow at the latest.

Sorry, but I was thinking that 12 was moderate. Hunter was running half bald 33's and 1 locker and he did fine. Maybe my view of moderate is getting skewed these days, that's probably why I won't organize trails anymore (either that or I'm just lazy).

Sean

Sean you know your not a good judge of EXTREME....Not much is with a rig like yours...Now think Like your driving mine...4.5" lift 32" tires and one locker. LOL Hopefully we will have an even larger turn out and have to run multiply groups.

Heather :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

my goal this year is to up guard rail w/o breaking, and to go up school bus w/o breaking, hell, I'd be happy just wheelin w/o breaking. I'll have my CTM's by then so that'll take care of that weak point and the pearches have been fixed for good, soooo, what's the next weak point down the line????

those were half bald 33's and two lockers if it makes a difference for trail planning. i can honestly say id rather go up peckerwood than down it. other than that the trail set ups sound pretty good. i know its a little far in advance and weather and group numbers will manipulate the final trail schedule. i plan to be there as of now, but its hard to say whats going to happen in the next 4 months.

Hunter

moderate sched. for thurs and fri

ok, heres a tentative THURS and FRI schedule for the moderate group...
THUR - 5 to 6 and then we can split off and the harder group can up to slickrock and do it, then i figured the not so hard group could go up 7 and watch and then everyone head home?
FRI - 6 (TN side) to 7 to 4 to 5 to home, i figure that will take the better part of the day if there is a big group.

let me know hwo that sounds to ya'll, changes, suggestions, whatever, lets hear em

Well I will just wait and see how the trails are later to make a decision but usuallly we take a nice easy ride on Thru.. and then do more difficult on Fri.

Maybe switch the 2 days...

Sat. the mod group and the Extreme can do upper 2 and the others can come in the bottom to watch those who want to do Lower 2

alrighty that sounds good to me, i'll make the changes. i'm having a little trouble workin on a good easy schedule, any suggestions as to what trails could be counted as "easy"? i know 8, but what about like 6 or 5? would those be considered "easy"?

Is 8 really considered easy? Seems like there are a few spots at the either end that would give near stockers fits. In #4 on the NC side all the way to #6 and down #6 is pretty easy. I've seen a stock Z-71 do it so how hard can that be? That's the biggest problem you'll run into is keeping the stockers and guys with no rocker protection occupied. Trail #5 is pretty easy now but I don't know if stockers could make it even with all the gravel dumped back there over the last year. If you think it's doable for the easy crowd then up #5 and out #4 to the NC side is another possibility. Just remember they need guides too, being a trail leader means taking care of everyone, not just taking the glory of leading the hard-core guys. I wouldn't mind leading the easy guys one day if another guide is needed.

Back