• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shovel your roofs

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Well it finally quite dumping snow, last measurement was 23inches before a little rain today, I drove past a local apartment complex and the complete covered parking area had collapsed squshing 40+ cars and trucks, some classics and antiques, quite the site! I bought a scoop shovel and did my garage roof after seeing that. My email is down right now but I will post a few pictures of the disaster later tonight or in the morning.

You'd think the engineers would acount for that kinda stuff

I like leaving snow and ice on my TJ's roof, when some asshat tailgates I whack the underside of the soft top and pop a piece off :D :D :D backs em right off..

bcmaxx said:
Well it finally quite dumping snow, last measurement was 23inches before a little rain today, I drove past a local apartment complex and the complete covered parking area had collapsed squshing 40+ cars and trucks, some classics and antiques, quite the site! I bought a scoop shovel and did my garage roof after seeing that. My email is down right now but I will post a few pictures of the disaster later tonight or in the morning.

Hope nobody was in there when it pancaked.

I don't think anyone was hurt or trapped, they had fire rescuew and dogs looking for anyone, here the pics:
carport009.jpg

carport007.jpg

carport003.jpg

Ohh.. ok.. I was thinking bigger, like concrete structure... but hey, its Canada.. what can we expect..

Same here, I was expecting a concrete parking garage. I'm surprised they allow wood to be used in commercial stuff like that.
Actually garage is a misnomer, 'shed' would be more appropriate :D :D :D and I've had over 2ft of snow on mine at times.

RichP said:
I like leaving snow and ice on my TJ's roof, when some asshat tailgates I whack the underside of the soft top and pop a piece off :D :D :D backs em right off..

My moms boyfriend lost the tip of his nose to the same phenominon. He was following a guy in an SUV. The snow on top of the SUV truck blew off and it included a flat sheet of ice that went through the windshield and cut the tip of his nose off.

KarlVP said:
My moms boyfriend lost the tip of his nose to the same phenominon. He was following a guy in an SUV. The snow on top of the SUV truck blew off and it included a flat sheet of ice that went through the windshield and cut the tip of his nose off.
You know that really sucks.

Why could I not help laughing at the visual though?

Back