• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

I put deavers on mine. Shackle Relocation brackets helped A LOT. Easier install and nicer ride.

I've got those on there already.

I ran out of light yesterday but after cleaning up and thinking about it I'm betting I had the bushings in backwards (Fronts on the rear and vice versa) and thats why the shackle was fighting me.

How far out on the brackets did you go on the shackle?

The directions pointed me to the shackle angle. Shot for 30 degrees and am close. I think that put mine in the 3rd hole from the back.

Dropped the Jeep off at the shop that did the rear gear and locker install for the 500 mile fluid change. He also extracted the broken bolt I was too lazy to do. I get to slap in the front drive shaft now!

Sometime this weekend Ive got to take all the door panels off and grease the lock mechanisms and window rails so they all work the way they should.

Anyone ever deal with unlocking the front doors with the key and that not disabling the factory alarm? Hoping its an easy fix. Tired of having to unlock the Jeep with the rear hatch.

Discovered the ABS pump in my Jeep is now leaking fluid. :( Not great timing since my Subaru now needs a throw out bearing so I can't really drive that either. So now I'm stuck.

Discovered the ABS pump in my Jeep is now leaking fluid. :( Not great timing since my Subaru now needs a throw out bearing so I can't really drive that either. So now I'm stuck.

How bad is the leak? You've got the Bendix ABS right?

I'm working at a Jeep dealer in California this weekend. Resisting the temptation to borrow a JL Rubicon.

Dropped the Jeep off at the shop that did the rear gear and locker install for the 500 mile fluid change. He also extracted the broken bolt I was too lazy to do. I get to slap in the front drive shaft now!

Sometime this weekend Ive got to take all the door panels off and grease the lock mechanisms and window rails so they all work the way they should.

Anyone ever deal with unlocking the front doors with the key and that not disabling the factory alarm? Hoping its an easy fix. Tired of having to unlock the Jeep with the rear hatch.
Sweet! Bring that puppy to ROM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm working at a Jeep dealer in California this weekend. Resisting the temptation to borrow a JL Rubicon.
Ooooh. That'd be tough to do with all the off road options around you.

Also happy yall like my taillight so much. It will look the same at ROM so come grab a selfie with it. If we get lucky I'll crack the other side for ya 😁

I AM thinking I might add an inch or so to lift....

How bad is the leak? You've got the Bendix ABS right?

Not bad enough to cause issues with braking. Not sure when it started leaking but the brake light came on and the reservior was almost empty this morning. Back side of the front passenger wheel well and inside of the frame is now coated in brake fluid.

Yep, it's the wonderful Bendix abs. Guess it's time source a later model brake booste and master cylinder and work on deleting the abs system. Sigh. Gotta start mentally preparing to do the clutch in Subaru this week.

Ran across a fella in Galveston (on Facebook) with rare Renix era Cherokee, 2 door, with the GM V-6, (88 IIRC), and the Wagoneer front face on it.

Ooooh. That'd be tough to do with all the off road options around you.

Yeah. I'm considering one to replace the Canyon later this year. Not sure I'm ready to drop that much money on a Jeep.

finally got to test drive the jeep after installing the rebuilt front driveshaft...VIBE IS GONE!!!

after years of having this it's now gone!

finally got to test drive the jeep after installing the rebuilt front driveshaft...VIBE IS GONE!!!

after years of having this it's now gone!

Nice! Glad you got that figured out.

Back