• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oba storage tank

4wdParakeet

NAXJA Forum User
Okay so I am the new owner of a 20# co2 tank thanks to coke. I am torn between doing the a/c delete for oba or co2. I am strapped on cash and am wondering if there is anybody that has used the 20# co2 tanks for oba storage. I have searched the subject here and on pirate and haven't found anybody that has done it and posted about it. Basically I want an air source on my XJ but can't decide which route I want to go. The OBA is cheaper in the long run but if I can't use the tank that I have I'll just have to buy a regulator and have it filled. I rummaged around till I found one with a good hydrostat test so that isn't an issue. I am just so confused. :wierd: new babys and lack of sleep play hell on your thought proccess. so it if this is a little random I have a good reason. Thanks guys.

Parakeet

1st, congrats on the new baby! I got one coming in a couple of months, so i will be joining you with the lack of sleep

2nd, turning your A/C to OBA is not a bad idea. It is always there and just as long as your compressor doesnt crap the bed, your good to go. As far as using the co2 tank as a "air tank", im not sure if that can be done or not?

I have a 20# co2 tank and LOVE it. It only cost me $12 to fill it up and it will pretty much fill up my tires about 40 times +/-. Which would last me almost a complete year.

so if you can go with out a/c and dont mind waiting a while to fill up tires, i would go that route. If you can spend $12-$25 / year and want fast filling, the ability to use air tools, make it portable, then i would go with the C02 set up.

my vote is co2. I love myn and havent looked back or regret it

Google. I saw an article several months ago that described a material list of parts and where to get them, but don't know where it is. I am at work, so do the google. You might get some other ideas.

Back