• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shakedown run

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
I'm just about finished up with gears and the small things and am gonna try to get out to barnwell this saturday or sunday if things go well, anyone up for a day trip?

only a couple hours from dallas isnt it?

Yeah like 2 to 2 1/2...

500 mile round trip for me....i think i'll have to pass

No matter, not looking to good at the moment finishing tomorrow, and sunday is out, forgot it was mothers day.

Tell me about it, made the trip to hotsprings and clayton many a time, 3 and 5 hours each. Now I'm "lucky" enough to tow and get about 10mpg.

My wife and I just moved, it was only about maybe 25 minutes from our old place, but I was pulling a 30 foot trailor full of crap and I went through an entire $50 in gas going there and back only twice.... blows.

I'll be going on the 17th with a couple people from my local club.

Any possible takers?

We should arrive around 9:30am.

Had a great time breaking in the 42s, even running with smaller jeeps on 33s that were open/open. It walked right up De Woody like it was a paved road...almost. Will put it to the challenge at clayton in a few weeks.

Back